2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Dodge Ram 4wd Crew Cab Laramie
By Joe on 08/03/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first vehicle that I have ever been involved with for this long and I have had absolutely zero defects whatsoever. Truly amazing. The only fault I can find with with this truck is the gas mileage, but given the power and torque it has, I guess I shouldn't complain about that. I did'nt buy it going in with the expectation of great gas mileage.

Great truck
By Doug on 07/23/07 20:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Very satisfied with the truck. Other family members who own Nissan, F250 and F350 trucks borrow this one for light hauling because it is so much more comfortable and easier to drive.

Water pump blew at 14,000 miles
By Kevin on 06/26/07 12:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 6th Dodge and was very aggrivated with all the problems. Water pump failed leaving me stuck out of state for 3 days, steering wheel wobble, steering wheel radio controls fell off all at around 14,000 miles. Since then I have not had any problems and am approaching 60K .I need a truck and at the time Dodge seemed the best of the bunch but am not sure if I would purchase a Dodge again especially with the poor warranty. I'm stuck with this truck due to the poor resale value so hopefully I won't have any more problems and hope to get a 150K out of it. This truck is still better than the Ford and Chevy I had.

Dodge is Superior
By WadeW on 06/19/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Dodge is awesome. I mean, what other truck has a 505 cu. in. V10 with 500 horsepower? None. The performance is amazing. The interior is luxurious and roomy. It is built extremely well. Rims are awesome, resembling the 2003 Viper. This truck is one of a kind. The gas mileage is horrible, but come on, it's got 500 horsepower and everyone will respect you when they see that "Viper Powered" logo on the hood when you pull up. Dodge Power!

All Around Great Truck
By JJ on 03/28/07 04:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck with the 5.7L Hemi and gas mileage is great. Getting between 18.5 and 19.9 miles per gallon highway driving between 60-65 mph. Climb any hill with ease and power to spare. With 55000 miles on the original tires I still have substantial tread wear remaining on the original tires, never had a vehicle with this attribute including Toyotas and Ford pickup trucks

2004 Dodge Cummins
By drhodie on 03/26/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Without the Cummins engine this truck would be plastic on wheels. The transmissions have always been and will always be a problem for Dodge. The interior lacks the comfort of Ford, however the exterior looks tough. The truck also rides like a truck, be prepared for back problems.

What can I say, wow
By Raven72 on 03/08/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Switched from a 2000 F-150 Lariat last year for my Dodge QC Hemi, Wow what a difference. More power, no problem pulling my trailer and better comfort than the F150. Driving is far better and alot smoother. The interior has enough room where you dont think your sitting next the other person.

Great Truck!
By Paul on 02/27/07 16:48 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my hemi quad cab with 28000 miles and the only problem I have had was a bad O2 sensor in the cat. But all sensors go sooner or later. I had a Ford explorer 4x4 with traction controll which handled well in the snow. The ram surprisingly handled better without adding extra weight to the bed.

supercalifragilisticespealadosious
By Andy fan on 01/29/07 17:08 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Hey there truck buyer! Let me tell you I love my Dodge.Why? One word, Hemi! Wanted a standard cab, a short bed, a 4x4, a Hemi, didnt care about all the frills just the thrills! Who cares about gas mileage when you love to hammer down. I don't really have to drive far to go to work but I sure do like driving to work more than I used to.Only 22000 miles put on by the first owner he also added duel exhaust and flowmaster. Truck is like new. I traded in a 1999 ford f150 5.4 liter that was a real clean truck but the 5.4 cant hold a candle to this Hemi. I heard a 5.3 cDhevy getting down on it the other day, he sounded good but was going nowhere fast. Anyway it drives like a car, rides good, even though its 4x4

Fun to drive
By rz0mbie on 11/12/06 12:15 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used about 5 months ago with only 19000 miles on it. Best decision I ever made. I live in Ohio and took it to the Outerbanks for family vacation, and the ride was excellent. I average 13-14 city and 17-18 highway. Transmission shifts smoothly and love the rumble sound of the exhaust.