2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Hemi Ram (not 4.7)
By Tom Rounds on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've ownd my 1500 Hemi for 4 months, I put 7500+ miles on it and its be great. No maintanance problems. I tow and older show car with it and it handles it almost as if the trailer wasn't there. When ever I go somewhere, either at work or home, my friends and family always want to go in the Ram.

The gas burner King.
By BadMan on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love this truck, it smokes Chevy and Ford in sooo many ways. They are really trying to move these trucks at the dealerships as well, hence the great deal I made. The truck is very tight and rides well on and off road, no rattling and the Laramie leather is super comfy. The Hemi pulls like a mule and won't kill you at the pumps either. What a great truck.

Hemi sounds good but should be faster
By LCG on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After 3 months I have the following to say: - Fuel economy estimates are high. Getting 12 city, 14 highway, not 14/18. - With 345Hp, should be quicker. - Drive train, especitally while towing boat, seems to take a long time to pick up speed. Once engaged, it pulls ok. With 345Hp, seems like it should do more. - Without load, can be a bumpy ride. Not suggested for commuter vehicle. Ride great with load or while towing. - A/C does not get cold fast enough when over 95 degrees outside.

best truck
By shadow1 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this truck does it all. performance design quality comfort its all there. there is not another truck out there that compaires to the dodge ram

customer rating
By randy hamelin on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

its a great truck. it has great handeling and is very reliable.

ram is king
By beechinsun on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i test drove them all but for style & fun-tion & value i chose the Ram & so far i am glad i did ! I did owe a 96 ram which i thought was great but this truck is so much more ,cool to drive ,cool to look at & room for the kids ! As the aftermarket & dodge come out with more & more accessories cool to customize also ! I LOVE MY DODGE RAM

awsome
By jon g on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is a true dream to own.I have not had a better truck.I have had a Ford and GMC before and they do not even come close.

what a BLAST!!
By Dodge lover on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

when first i laid eyes on it it stuck out from the croud of other Dodge's on the lot. When i got in it, i knew this truck was for me. Though it looked much like its brothers sitting idly beside it. When i drove it, i bought it. It is the best looking truck on the road. it is a blast to drive...it is as quick on the road as it is opening the wallet as the fuel economy lacks strength. i am overall, excited about this vehicle and its performance on the road.

My Dodge
By VIA MIA on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Super truck. Lots of interior room and conviences. Hemi engine is awesome. Poor gas mileage. Ride is somewhat jittery. Interior and exterior quality, fit and finish is excellent. Dealer is the best I have experienced. NO hassle, a straight forward deal. This is the second new Chrysler product I have owned. The first was a 1958 Plymouth convertable. The engine, interior room and cab features sold me. The dealer approach was low key and honest.

looks are deceiving
By joep on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The hemi 5.7 l engine passes everything but the gas station. My avg fuel is 10 mpg city and 12 mpg hwy. I expected 14mpg. The truck is feature rich but seriously lack quality. After 12k miles everything rattles and squeaks. although the feel quality seems great, dodge cut money on the essential components of the vehicle. The 20" rims are beautiful, but always out of balance. The suspension bounces like a rollercoaster ride when the road is not completely smooth. Several time the vehicles has almost bounce out of control.