2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
The badest truck out there
By Burks12285 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The new dodge srt-10 is what i think is what makes a real truck lover go crazy. This is what it is all about a viper engine in a truck making 500 hourespower. What more could you want? But i do have to say the gas mileage is a little low but hey if you can afford a 45 thousand dollar truck who needs to wory about the fuel economy. The handling is great and preformance is a great thrill to have. Who needs to go to the amusment park when you have a dodge srt-10, i sure dont. This is the badest truck ever.

You can't buy a better truck
By r howard on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is great. The drive is awesome and quiet. The look and drive out weighs the poor gas mileage.

LOVE MY DODGE
By GREG WALTON on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

LOVE THE DESIGN. LOVE THE WAY IT HANDLES. GAS MILEAGE NOT PERFECT, BUT WHAT THE HELL. WHAT IS? I THINK IT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL TRUCK ON THE MARKET. SOMEONE ASKED ME HOW MUCH REAR END TORQUE IT HAS. I SAID WHO CARES, I RIDE NOT HAUL!

Very Good Truck
By Clinton B. on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I really like this truck. It doesn't have the best mileage, but worth it. It is light in the back but okay. Overall this is a great truck.

a REAL Truck
By HCD on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I WISELY ordered the Hemi motor and it makes all the difference in the world. My previous vehicle got 18 mpg, so my Hemi costs me about a buck a day more to drive. I smile a lot on the drive home no matter what happened that day. The truck is well put together and the 4 doors work great when hauling a crew. The guys howl when I twist the Hemi's tail and make it growl. Best truck I evered owned. Every time I pass a Dodge, we check each other out for the Hemi emblem. Ok, enough about the engine. This is a good truck in every way. Bottom line, don't hesitate to buy this truck, especially with the deals being offered out there.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned!
By John7568754 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Mine is actually an '02 but since Edmunds doesn't take previous years into account for current reviews, I'm posting it here. This is my first Dodge. A friend owned an 02 Ram and raved about it so I test drove and decided to buy it as I needed a new truck This is a phenomenal ride. Power, styling, features and it's quality! Over 30k on it, it had 1 recall (blower motor fan which I had done when I got my oil changed) no problems whatsoever. It's worth every penny!

Sad Surprise
By dgreggsr on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Was very disappointed with this truck when the highway mileage claim for the Hemi 5.7 was 18 and the actual was closer to 13. The steering feels like there isn't enough caster. Go across a railroad crossing a little fast and you will think its all about to end. The interior is nice as long as you dont have to sit on the seats. Mine is the Laramie and the seats are hard and not comfortable. Had a power steering line blow and had to wait a week for a part. This was my first new Chrysler product and also my last. The engine is powerful but with that kind of fuel mileage I would expect Viper performance.

dodge ram
By cpp1928 on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great truck. I average 18 mpg on the highway using mobil one synthetic oil. 8000 miles-No problems

Pocket rocket work horse
By big88twin on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned my 2wd reg slt cab for two weeks now, and had no adjustment period. The truck felt like it was designed for me. The hemi performance is awesome, and ride quality is excellent (but you still know your in a truck). The dealership after the sale has been terrific. I think Dodge has listened to the consumer and produced a truck that will be a force to recon with among the top three. This is my first Dodge, and I am impressed with the fit and function of the truck. I definately recommend it, and if you have driven the Ford and Chevy do yourself a favor drive the dodge.

HEMI quad Cab SLT 4X4 with 20in wheels
By DodgeJer on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great so far. HEMI sounds great thrill every time it starts. The 20's dont ride as well as the 17's but I love them. YOu dont but a truck to ride well. Space of interior is great as is the 6'3 bed. My only reccommendation is that its probably not as fast feeling as you would think but youll notice when you go to pass on freeway.