Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Better than the rest
By Cropxprt

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

It is built with a lot more steel than Chevy (which I used to own) or Fords of which I drive at work daily. The turning radius is much better and the anti slip differential is a great addition. More room and great looks.

Favorite Features

Looks, I get compliments all the time. Great traction without 4 wheel drive. Great for taking lots of people with you. I like the steering.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. The dash material could be inproved by useing a softer material.

my 1500
By rea adams

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

drives very well for what i need, needs to have dual exhausts for better performance and mileage

Suggested Improvements

Dual Exhausts on the 5.7 Hemi

The Rules Have Changed Again
By t-bone 12

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my first Dodge pickup, and I am very pleased. Chevy and Ford make great pickups, but it was hard to justify paying three to four thousand dollars more.

Favorite Features

What I found impressive: (1) Appearence. The 20 in wheels make this truck. (2)Handling. I feel like I'm in a sports car when going through an "S" turn at 35 mph. (3)Quadcab. Although Chevy may have a little more room, the four-door option on the Dodge is very adequate.

Suggested Improvements

Factory Tonneau cover. I know that this option has had alot of opposition over the years, (myself included) but with a tongue groved channel in the bed rail, changing out the panels for the cover would be very easy. Also, on a bumpy road, you will feel almost every bump.

Great Truck better than F150
By ANdrew

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Both and excellent exprience to drive and buy. Everything has been great since I walked in the Archer dealership. After test driving the F150 Dodge and the Toyota Tundra, I opted for the Dodge. The Dodge easily beat both on power and ride although the Toyota did offer better build quality but came with a very large price difference as well.

Favorite Features

The all powerful 5.7L Hemi V8. The overall presence ecspecially with the 20inch wheels. Middle seat that converts to storage in the front and the level storage under the rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Counterbalance on the rear gate like the F150.

aaaawwwwsome
By y2

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i have always loved what dodge has done but they have out done anything they have ever done. when it comes to pickups this is the one. quad cab full size bed and power to boot.

Favorite Features

i have kids and it is important to me that they be safe one of the things i didn't like about my last vehicle was that you could change gears (automatic) without steping on the break on the dodge ram that is not a problem thanks dodge

Suggested Improvements

how to improve???? if i can think of something i will let you know... good looks, great power, room for the whole family and our junk can't think of any when i do i will let you know