2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Not bad for a Dodge
By David on 12/03/09 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My first dodge since my parents had a aspen. Bought it used with 23,000 now showing 56,000 and have no problems with the truck. I replacing the plugs after 20,000 and found it easy to do. Flushed all fluids and again it not expensive to do. Fit and finish is fine for a truck. Seats a little flat but do work and easy to keep clean. Plastic hard but easy to clean. Not a perfect truck but those thinking none American companies can do better they can not. Owned a toy and a kia and traded them for Ford and Dodge. Read owners manual and keep up on the maintenance and found that these truck are pretty good. Now thinking of replacing the Ford with a Charger. Most reviews are good.

Dodge 1500 Hemi
By M. Johnson on 10/01/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my '04 Hemi w/25000 miles on it. The previous owner babied it. Now I have approximately 78500 miles on it and have only had to replace the front rotors. Excellent power althought new models have more. It pulls my trailer with no problem. This year I installed a Cherry Bomb Pro muffler to add a little "growl" to the motor. I kept the single factory pipe which comes out of the sidge behind the right rear wheel. Most people that I run into thinks that it sounds better than their own more expensive Flowmaster and Magnaflow dual exhaust set ups.

Awesome Truck
By Black Thunder on 06/18/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Purchased in May 09, only 7100 miles when I bought it. Has 12,000 on it now. Added a Volant CAI which increased highway from 16 mpg to nearly 19.2 mpg and City 9 mpg to 11 mpg if I drive 5 miles over the limit. The CAI increased horsepower from 500 to 522 horsepower. I do punch it at times and it responds well and the sound is AWESOME! The truck has 22" rims, put Hancooks on and handle very well, even in wet weather. The Perelli's did not grip well in wet weather and set of 4 Hancooks cost under $1000. Purchased Altezza tail lights, billet grill for looks. Added a Pioneer DVD GPS system. Overall, great truck!!

Can take a beating
By USMCsmash on 04/29/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the vehicle with 14000 miles on it. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC, and I took it home to Atlanta every holiday I could. I beat the crap out of this truck, in the mud, WOT almost everywhere I went, music up all the way, in the mud, on the drag...er...highway, I was ROUGH on this thing. I had very few problems. The speaker on the driver door stopped working (probably my fault), and the tranny is starting to hesitate right after startup, but that goes away in 30 sec. All in all, this truck has treated me very well. It's never left me stuck, and though I still tromp on it (especially after adding CAI and exhaust) it is still very much alive and kicking after 114,000 miles.

Love My SRT-10
By DD on 03/17/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

My SRT-10 drives great. It's fast and I can depend on it where ever I go. It's got the eye-catching looks too! The truck is just an outstanding vehicle!

2004 5.7L HEMI - quad cab LoneStar
By HEMI4LIFE on 02/28/09 20:25 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Lone Star Package is great. This is the 1st HEMI I have owned in a truck, and let me say WOW. That is some power, off the line and on the highway, you will not be disappointed. I have had no problems in the past 3 years, and with the great deal am not upside down on my loan :~). Just wish it had a sun roof. For RAW power and decent mpg, its well worth the money. This truck can get almost 18MPG highway, or down to 9mpg if you have a lead foot and love speed. The bottom line is the power is there when you need it!

Amazing!
By Garret on 01/10/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd LB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 3.7L Dodge well over a year ago and I couldn't be happier with it. It has a lot of pep on stock motor. I added JBA headers, high flow cats, true dual flowmaster mufflers, K&N cold air intake, and a JET computer chip. The power, MPGs, and torque that it added was unreal! There is no way I will ever sell this truck. If you are looking at buying one, SERIOUSLY seriously consider buying this truck! You wont be disappointed, even with all stock parts, I promise.

All around fun
By Jim McD on 01/01/09 15:49 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

What awesome Hemi power. Blows away most other cars and trucks. Bought used at 5000 miles and added cruise and power locks. Just drove 3000 miles in rain, snow and sleet including mountain driving and freeways. Averaged 16.5 mpg at 75 to 80 mph and a big load in the bed. Love this truck! No repairs, only oil changes since purchase.

Sweet Truck
By Gavin on 12/03/08 08:53 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this 04 Dodge Hemi in April of 2007. It's a sweet truck. It's got everything but a sunroof. This truck is very fun to drive except on really wet roads with some standing water. The 20" tires seem to hydroplane too much. (but yes I do love the way they look) On snowy roads they seem to do the same thing. I never felt like I had good traction in the winter. My 95 Dakota felt more stable. The gas mileage isn't very good around town 11/12.2 is the best I've seen. Freeway is OK but I never broke 16, until I got a K&N (just the pop in filter). The cold air intake is to loud. After I put the filter in,after about 300 miles I would get high 16s and 17s on trips if I drove around 75mph.

It's a Hemi
By IT'S A HEMI on 11/30/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This old boy as 53,000 miles on it. This as been a great truck so far. Most of these miles have been highway, it's the family vacation truck. Wife doesn't know how to pack. I have no problems out of this truck. The gas cap went bad with 500 miles on it and the dearler replaced. At 30,000 miles did the service at a local shop not Dodge paid about 500 or so for it. When gas prices got high we used my wife's car for vacation this fellow only gets 15.5 miles per gallon on highway at 80 mph. People can't beleive it's an 04. It rides good and looks good with the 20 inch wheels. Had to replace the tire with 30,000 miles on them. There sometimes is a ticking sound from the engine put in Mobil 1 synthetic oil.