Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dodge who would have guessed
By RRMcBride1969

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have never been a fan of the Dodge pickups. I remember the uqly burnt orange thing that my brother bought in the mid 1970s, it really turned me off Dodge trucks. Then something happened, they got good looking and really functional. While I was deployed in suppport of Operation Iraqi Freedom I decided if I lived through it I would treat myself to a new Pickup. I looked around and it came down to having to park my but in a truck to make up my mind as I could not get a good read of the internet. Ass soon as i sat in my Dodge 4X4 I knew it was the one. It was taller than any other I had tried, it was peppy off the line and had power to spare in the mid-range.

I love my 5 speed manual transmission. I had to have the dealer scour the planet to find one but it was worth it. I get better fuel economy than a fellow at work with a two wheel drive automatic version.

For whatever reason Dodge does not couple the Hemi engines to the 5 speed manual transmission. The 4.7 liter engine is powerfull but the Hemi and a 5 speed would be "off the chain" to use my childrens words.

Great Truck
By BOBZHEMI

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've always owned sport cars, I'll never but another car again. All I have to say is Hemi. One problem I am having now is the front brakes are squeeking and I think the front rotors are warped. I've read in a few other instances that people were having this problem too. Of course the warranty on brakes and rotors is up after a year,so I don't know if Dodge will replace them.

HEMI

Brakes, gas mileage

My Bad BoyTruck
By G.G.A.3

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With having 3 girls,we needed room and something very reliable.I know the Dodge has both.I have tried other trucks out ,they just didn't compare to the Ram and since I have a 74 Dodge Power Wagon(1 ton) that has over 275000 miles on it and still running great and pulls everything.Why buy anything else.

The looks of the truck,it just looks tough and yet rides so comfortable.In fact my wife got rid of her car and took the truck away from me.

How can you make improvements on the best.

Ram 1500
By TFJ

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Simply put...this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Excellent ride and handling, versatile, roomy and comfortable.

Ram 1500 Very Impressive
By Joey Pass26

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Ram 1500 has very sleek, eye catching design. HEMI V8 worth every penny. Plenty of speed for a durable heavy duty truck. Very smooth ride as well. Interior stylish and has no complaints from me about leg room (Im also 6'3" so leg room is important)...

HEMI, Front design, and 20 Inch Rims are my favorite features...Very Fast Truck with plenty of strength for hauling whatever you need.