Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

You've come a long way, baby
By J T B

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We almost bought the Nissan Titan but got a much better deal on the Dodge (our has the Hemi, but Edmunds for some reason doesn't list that engine as a choice..???). We got the sport appearance package instead of the chrome, looks much better and alot more menacing. The 20" wheel option looks cool, but it can turn the ride a bit jiggly, so try before you buy. It's my wife's daily driver, but when she's not looking I sneak it out whenever I get the chance ;-)

Favorite Features

The Hemi power, really tremendous value for the money - even with the SLT pkg and Hemi engine, ours was still cheaper than an equivalent Silverado, Titan or Tundra.

Suggested Improvements

That Hemi does have an appetite - we consistenly average aroun 14 MPG even in straight highway driving. The back seat is a bit tight for such a large truck. And how about lighting the cruise control buttons at night?

'04 Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4X2 Hemi
By Johnny D

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove my '98 Ram Quad Cab more than 200K in the 5 years I had it. So naturally I looked to Dodge for a replacement. I found an '04 Silver Quad Cab Laramie 4X2 Hemi that had my name on it, and drove it home. That was a year and 15K miles ago. this truck drives better than most cars I've had. Sure it's huge and loves to visit gas stations, but I've surprised many a driver of high priced exotics as well as domestic muscle cars with the way the Ram handles the windy roads of SF coast. This truck feels as stable and composed at 90 as it does at 40, and with the Hemi getting to 90 is a very short wait.

Favorite Features

In dash CD changer is a nice feature as are the heated leather/suede seats. Love the white faced instrument panel and the dual climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Steeringis a tad on the light side, even with the 20" tires/wheels. Transmission logic needs to be set more towards performance than economy. Always goes straight for OD, even if climbing a hill which creates a constant hunt for the right gear.

It's got a HEMI!!
By Mark130

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck for work. Owning a Honda Civic previous to this. Of course the gas mileage is an issue, but there is no complaint about the power or the ride. The HEMI is awesome, more than enough power for anyhing I want to do. The looks are great, interior is quiet. I will never go back to owing a car again.

Favorite Features

HEMI engine, roomy interior, audio system, 20 in wheels. Lots of storage, comfortable seating for 6.

Suggested Improvements

A spray in liner from the factory.

2004 1500 SLT QC Hemi
By Rich J.

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Fourth pickup purchase, second Dodge, first Hemi. This Lone Star edition with the Hemi is the best value package available.

Favorite Features

Big Hemi V8, Quad cab., excellent storage compartments, fold flat rear floor, 20" wheels, 4W disc brakes, R&P steering, big rig look.

Suggested Improvements

Chrome wheels on the SLTs.

Best bang for your buck!!!
By Paradynamics

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a 1973 Dodge Power Wagon after that I switched to Ford and now I am back and boy am I glad. This is by far the fastest and most powerful truck I have ever owned and I cant say enough about it. I have 2 sports cars,I drive an S2000 and the wife drives her SLK320 and the new Ram is the vehicle I pick to drive the most. Thank you Dodge for making a truck that Ford cant light a match too.

Favorite Features

The HEMI

Suggested Improvements

None