2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed - (56 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Awesome Truck
By Black Thunder

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Purchased in May 09, only 7100 miles when I bought it. Has 12,000 on it now. Added a Volant CAI which increased highway from 16 mpg to nearly 19.2 mpg and City 9 mpg to 11 mpg if I drive 5 miles over the limit. The CAI increased horsepower from 500 to 522 horsepower. I do punch it at times and it responds well and the sound is AWESOME! The truck has 22" rims, put Hancooks on and handle very well, even in wet weather. The Perelli's did not grip well in wet weather and set of 4 Hancooks cost under $1000. Purchased Altezza tail lights, billet grill for looks. Added a Pioneer DVD GPS system. Overall, great truck!!

Favorite Features

The power, 8.3L Viper Engine engine, The 22" Rims. 0 - 60 in 5 seconds. Love the six speed manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage could be better but it is a Viper engine.

Love My SRT-10
By DD

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

My SRT-10 drives great. It's fast and I can depend on it where ever I go. It's got the eye-catching looks too! The truck is just an outstanding vehicle!

Favorite Features

Favorite features would be the body kit. Plus not to forget to mention the 22" rims. Nice! My SRT-10 is perfect!

Suggested Improvements

No improvements I think to the truck. It's just a totally awesome truck the way it is!

I do drive it daily, and LOVE IT
By dvldawg3097

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the SRT 10 to replace my other dodge 5.7 although I had it up to 425 hp. Gas E/mpg is about the same as the Hemi, plus in Chicago you need to be faster just to merge in traffic because no one will let you in but in the SRT they don't have a chance. Stock right now adding an HX40 turbo very soon. Plus nothing beats a Ram. Semper Fi.

Favorite Features

6 gears of fun "more fun than a roller coaster!!!"

Suggested Improvements

More HP= Better MPG unless you own stock in the oil companies

niceride
By miker

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I sold my 65 GT350 Mustang & 1 owner cherry 86 c10 shortwide w/60k miles to buy this! I don't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

505 hp

Suggested Improvements

none

Dodge is Superior
By WadeW

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Dodge is awesome. I mean, what other truck has a 505 cu. in. V10 with 500 horsepower? None. The performance is amazing. The interior is luxurious and roomy. It is built extremely well. Rims are awesome, resembling the 2003 Viper. This truck is one of a kind. The gas mileage is horrible, but come on, it's got 500 horsepower and everyone will respect you when they see that "Viper Powered" logo on the hood when you pull up. Dodge Power!

Favorite Features

Viper engine, manual transmission. Interior design and features. Infinity stereo system, and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Hang on
By Daniel

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is not for any beginner driver. It will tear up the asphalt quicker than you can shift the gears. The steering takes some getting used to. It is very tight, and will go where you move it. The brake dust is a bummer on it. They work like a charm, but if you like a clean look, expect to have some towels to wipe them down when you stop. The black is very hard to keep clean. It looks nice, but it is high maintenance. Get a red or silver if you can. Wear your seat belt in this thing. It will throw you all over the cab if you don't. The gas mileage is not bad for a truck. I have gotten as little as 4, and as good as 17. I had a lead foot the first tank.

Favorite Features

Hood, and massive amount of power. This truck is going to a collector item, and with the limited production numbers and the options offered, get one and store it. I have and expect to see people seeking them like the old Chargers or Cudas in about 20 years.

Suggested Improvements

Differential lock. it will spin out if you drop the clutch with the wheels turned slightly at all.

Suprised with my SRT-10 Ram
By bill31157

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I wish it was a little lower and the subwoofer had a little more thump. I get 15.7 mpg between city and highway. I got 16.7 mpg on the road before I did two modifications to the truck. What truck do you know that they give you mileage figures of 9mpg and 11 mpg, and I got much more then that. I had two new Chevys, and they were both wrong. I got much less then what they told me they would get. I get between 18mpg and 21 mpg on the road with the two modifications that I did. This is a 10 cylinder with 500 horses. I love the torque. It looks great.

Favorite Features

Horses, torque, 6spd tranny, looks. That front end. Interior, seats.

Suggested Improvements

The subwoofer needs more thump. Lower the truck a couple inches. Give it a five or better yet a six speed automatic tranny.

Awesome Truck
By Michael T. Swain

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is the most fun vehicle I've ever driven. Its all around performance is more impressive than I ever imagined. The looks I get anywhere I go is just an added bonus. I keep it in a storage facility until the weekend, and about 4 o'clock my adrenaline starts flowing. It gets me excited just thinking about it.

Favorite Features

The entire truck is my favorite feature. Maybe the limited production,the paint scheme, the power, to many to list. Could go on all day.

Suggested Improvements

Don't change a thing. Don't make anymore like mine though. Mine is 178 of 200.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
By johnyrocket

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I just purchased it, and I love this truck. It has great power on tap at any time. For what it is, it's just truly unbelievable. I walk away every time in absolute awe. I have found Heaven on Earth and the fact that it just draws people like very few other cars can do. So if you want a performace vehicle and gas isn't a factor, this is a usable truck that can actually carry more than her purse.

Favorite Features

The 505ci 500hp and 6-speed. So basically the drive-train hands down.

Suggested Improvements

4:56 or 4:88 rear end gear.

I love my SRT-10
By greg

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought it for a toy, a toy it is. Eye catching, ear catching, heart catching. You don't buy one and worry about the mileage. If you can buy one and pay cash, you will have even more fun.The navagation system is a must option, I'll be taking it around to show it off to all.

Favorite Features

Power and a 6 speed, for a truck it handles well...It's looks are BOSS.

Suggested Improvements

Lower vehicle height..