2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Talk About an Impulse Buy
By 3ric on 12/16/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After leaving Lowe's one day without the ladder I needed, I decided I had to have a truck. Traded in my baby would- be-paid-off-in-a-month Grand Prix for a Silver Hemi Ram. Everything I could ever want in a truck, and more. After hauling 3 things 4 miles in 2 months, and dropping twice as much on gas, I came to the frightening realization that I had made a mistake. I don't NEED a truck. Unfortunately, neither does anyone else, so I'm stuck and more upside down than a cake. Don't get me wrong, the truck is hot and fun (in a straight line), but I feel trapped.

Brakes Bad
By Terry on 08/12/05 15:38 PM (PDT)

The front brakes have been bad since 5100 miles. I turned rotors, replaced rotors ar 12136 miles and now it has 24000 miles and I still have the same warping on front rotors, The dealership has now decided I drive the truck too hard and they now want ot charge me $180 to turn rotors that only have 12,000 miles on them. Never buy another Chrysler product.

Great truck but it's thirsty
By bh862 on 11/25/04 18:27 PM (PST)

The truck is great. Plenty of power and it's a good looking truck. The HEMI engine is thirsty, though. People say I get good mileage at 15-16 but EPA estimated it to be higher.

Dodge RAM
By motorola on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

After 20 years of loyal Ford ownership, I decieded to take a look at other truck manufacturers because I just didn't like the look of the new regular cab f-150. Decieted on Dodge over GMC/Chevrolet after test driving all three. The interior of the Ram feels much more spacious than the other two, which is good because I'm a big boy (6'3", 280lbs). I also like the agressive exterior looks. The Ram just looks mean. Besides the good looks, what really sold me was the power of the HEMI engine and the way the Ram handles. For such a big truck this thing can is quite nimble and it also has great breaking ability.

The Best!
By wnorman1192 on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is by far the best truck that I have ever owned! The truck is very fun to drive, and the hemi engine is amazing. The brakes have excellent stopping power and feel, as they are the biggest in the trucks class. Build quality is great, and the cab is very roomy. Fuel mileage is better than I expected on the highway, and ok around town if you can keep your foot out of it!

Dodge Ram 34677
By DodgeRam34677 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Love my truck,alot of fun to drive.Had a 2003 Ram with a v6,don't buy a v6(no power with AC on)V8 is the only way to go.

gas milage sucks 5.7 hemi
By rwoods on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

good power, beware average gas milage 11.2, will not pass a gas station! resale value sucks.

Review: '04 Ram 1500 SXT, 2wd, 5.7L HEMI
By Fierce on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Dodge has produced a fine truck (My truck being a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SXT, 5.7L HEMI, Regular Cab). The HEMI engine gives the driver power and speed. It's great for the person who loves trucks and the sporty feel of vehicles. The actions and performance of the new HEMI makes the driver feel more alive! It has good pulling/howling power, but I bought my HEMI as a "Sports Truck," meaning it's a sports car gone to a truck form. My Rating: 10/10 (Only problem, if you take it as one... all right on gas, but can be a little better. Listed, CITY MPG: 14, HIGHWAY MPG: 18. $40+ to fill it up from empty)

ram hemi
By rocky5000 on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

this truck so far as been trouble free.I get better milage than I expeceted.every thing fits right and works the way it should.So far I am very pleased with this truck and would recommend it highly.

great truck
By powrdog on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

With the hemi, it has great performance power. The larger tires stick to the road and handels better than brothers 2003 gmc truck, but harsh on bumps. Feels like muscle car when I want one and halls cargo when I need to. Easy to drive. I was not looking for fuel mileage. My 5.7 Hemi gets better than friends 4.7.