2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
4.7 bad motors
By tyler on 07/27/10 03:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Dodge style and ride but the 4.7 is a horrible motor. I have replaced 2 on my truck that only has 119,000 miles. After talking to techs at dealerships and looking online I see that Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler have had many problems with this motor. I will never make a purchase of any vehicle with this motor again.

2004 DODGE RAM 1500
By AZRAMBO on 02/25/10 11:45 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is a good truck dependable, nice looking, except it just barely reached 70,000 miles and just was told transmission needs to be rebuilt. Apparently this happens alot with Dodge trucks. The company that told me about the tranny has been in business 37 years and very reputable. Don't use truck for really anything than driving to and from work so it's not used often. To have tranny issues already is messed up. Other than that no other issues it's just the 1 issue is major and very expensive. Don't think I would be buying a Dodge again, unless the warranty holds up... checking on that now.

Not bad for a Dodge
By David on 12/03/09 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My first dodge since my parents had a aspen. Bought it used with 23,000 now showing 56,000 and have no problems with the truck. I replacing the plugs after 20,000 and found it easy to do. Flushed all fluids and again it not expensive to do. Fit and finish is fine for a truck. Seats a little flat but do work and easy to keep clean. Plastic hard but easy to clean. Not a perfect truck but those thinking none American companies can do better they can not. Owned a toy and a kia and traded them for Ford and Dodge. Read owners manual and keep up on the maintenance and found that these truck are pretty good. Now thinking of replacing the Ford with a Charger. Most reviews are good.

Can take a beating
By USMCsmash on 04/29/09 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the vehicle with 14000 miles on it. I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC, and I took it home to Atlanta every holiday I could. I beat the crap out of this truck, in the mud, WOT almost everywhere I went, music up all the way, in the mud, on the drag...er...highway, I was ROUGH on this thing. I had very few problems. The speaker on the driver door stopped working (probably my fault), and the tranny is starting to hesitate right after startup, but that goes away in 30 sec. All in all, this truck has treated me very well. It's never left me stuck, and though I still tromp on it (especially after adding CAI and exhaust) it is still very much alive and kicking after 114,000 miles.

Amazing!
By Garret on 01/10/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd LB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 3.7L Dodge well over a year ago and I couldn't be happier with it. It has a lot of pep on stock motor. I added JBA headers, high flow cats, true dual flowmaster mufflers, K&N cold air intake, and a JET computer chip. The power, MPGs, and torque that it added was unreal! There is no way I will ever sell this truck. If you are looking at buying one, SERIOUSLY seriously consider buying this truck! You wont be disappointed, even with all stock parts, I promise.

great truck all around
By jfin on 04/03/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck, just bought it a month ago and have already put 5000 miles on it, it rides great other than the seats that have no lumbar support. It has a gas sipping v-6 which by no means is slow, in fact I have outrun a 5.3 liter Chevy with it... And no one believes me. Oh well! It made a two hour drive to Austin and from there a 12 hour drive to Nashville! Not a problem whatsoever! It has the best air conditioner of any vehicle I have ever owned let alone been inside and this is vehicle number 11 for me! I cant think of much more about this truck because its a base model and didn't come with much, the only problem is during extreme rain it leaks under the dash a bit but I have vinyl floors

All Around Great Truck
By JJ on 03/28/07 04:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck with the 5.7L Hemi and gas mileage is great. Getting between 18.5 and 19.9 miles per gallon highway driving between 60-65 mph. Climb any hill with ease and power to spare. With 55000 miles on the original tires I still have substantial tread wear remaining on the original tires, never had a vehicle with this attribute including Toyotas and Ford pickup trucks

supercalifragilisticespealadosious
By Andy fan on 01/29/07 17:08 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Hey there truck buyer! Let me tell you I love my Dodge.Why? One word, Hemi! Wanted a standard cab, a short bed, a 4x4, a Hemi, didnt care about all the frills just the thrills! Who cares about gas mileage when you love to hammer down. I don't really have to drive far to go to work but I sure do like driving to work more than I used to.Only 22000 miles put on by the first owner he also added duel exhaust and flowmaster. Truck is like new. I traded in a 1999 ford f150 5.4 liter that was a real clean truck but the 5.4 cant hold a candle to this Hemi. I heard a 5.3 cDhevy getting down on it the other day, he sounded good but was going nowhere fast. Anyway it drives like a car, rides good, even though its 4x4

Still happy with my truck after 2 years.
By RamRobStL on 02/17/06 00:46 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

No real complaints, bought it to use as a light duty truck and in that respect it works flawlessly. A bit unhappy with Dodge's claims about the gas mileage, I see nowhere near 21 on the highway, more like 14-15, but I did not buy it solely for the gas mileage.

Talk About an Impulse Buy
By 3ric on 12/16/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After leaving Lowe's one day without the ladder I needed, I decided I had to have a truck. Traded in my baby would- be-paid-off-in-a-month Grand Prix for a Silver Hemi Ram. Everything I could ever want in a truck, and more. After hauling 3 things 4 miles in 2 months, and dropping twice as much on gas, I came to the frightening realization that I had made a mistake. I don't NEED a truck. Unfortunately, neither does anyone else, so I'm stuck and more upside down than a cake. Don't get me wrong, the truck is hot and fun (in a straight line), but I feel trapped.