2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Love My Truck
By stoppermr on 08/17/10 06:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very reliable truck. Have had to do only normal maintenance. If you want horsepower and looks this is the truck. If you want a girls truck I would try the F-150. I've had some people try their luck against the Hemi and all they have seen is my bumper as I pull away. What a great feeling. Will always have a Ram.

That 's my Hemi
By verhoeckx on 08/03/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, fun to drive, handles very well for a big truck. Brakes are great, engine preformace is unbelievable for such a large vehicle. In the last three years of ownership the only problem I have had was a leaking left front shock. That was replaced under warranty. On the hiway traveling at 120 KH the truck scoots along. But still gets about 24 mpg.

Performs well -Rides like a truck
By Clif Sheets on 12/24/04 13:07 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very nice interior storage, especailly under middle seat in front, and under rear seats. Excellent turning and handling, but ride is much rougher than the 1996 Chevy CK1500 I drove for 115K miles. Delivered with non functioning horn that drained the battery and required a tow at 300 miles. Dashboard GPS is basically worthless and non intuitive, you'd be much better off buying the Garmin portable GPS unit. Heated seats work great.

'04 Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4X2 Hemi
By Johnny D on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove my '98 Ram Quad Cab more than 200K in the 5 years I had it. So naturally I looked to Dodge for a replacement. I found an '04 Silver Quad Cab Laramie 4X2 Hemi that had my name on it, and drove it home. That was a year and 15K miles ago. this truck drives better than most cars I've had. Sure it's huge and loves to visit gas stations, but I've surprised many a driver of high priced exotics as well as domestic muscle cars with the way the Ram handles the windy roads of SF coast. This truck feels as stable and composed at 90 as it does at 40, and with the Hemi getting to 90 is a very short wait.

1500 Quad cab Hemi
By 70bigblock on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Edmunds needs to add the Hemi motor as Part of your selection, you always rate the 4.7. There is no comparison. My truck has ran great, no problems. I read reviews that it sits to high. please It's a truck. It's my opinion The best looking truck on the road!!

One Bad Hemi
By TDCatcher on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Being an analyst, I did a lot of research before purchasing a vehcile. The Ram ended up being the best choice. There is one drawback of this vechicle, your face will hurt for a while. If you are looking for a vehcile that will put a smile on your face, this is the one. I bought the Laramie with the 20 inch wheels and GPS system. I am surprised how high the vehicle is considering it's not a 4X4. The GPS system is nice, but I am not overly impressed with the Infinity system. For a factory system it's not bad, but I thought it might be a bit better. Also, you will be tempted to spend a lot on mods!

Hemi is above the rest
By jigante on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've found that the laramie addition with the 5.7 V8 has more power and better acceleration than any vehicle i've ever owned. The power in limitless when you are behind the wheel. The styling is superior when compared to competitors such as the Chevy Silverado SS edition and the horsepower is the highest in it's class which is only matched by the Chevy Silverado SS.

Great Truck better than F150
By ANdrew on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Both and excellent exprience to drive and buy. Everything has been great since I walked in the Archer dealership. After test driving the F150 Dodge and the Toyota Tundra, I opted for the Dodge. The Dodge easily beat both on power and ride although the Toyota did offer better build quality but came with a very large price difference as well.

Slammin' and Rammin'
By psu50 on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

the dodge ram is the most fun truck on the road. it gets the looks of all sorts of people. due to it's aggressive stance and it's 20" wheels. the ram is all around a good time.

Awsome
By Novaman on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a 94 Ram, and regretted the day I traded it in. When Dodge came out with the Quad Cab, and then added the Hemi, I was hooked. This truck is awsome. I have it loaded with Larime and Sport Package, 20 in wheels & fat tires, plus GPS. It is a joy to drive, and I am getting over 14 miles per gallon around town, and close to 20 on the highway. I did swap out the air filter for a K&N, and saw an immeidate improvement in milage. Next is the exhaust.