2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Ok-ok:(-:)
By ram4x490 on 04/04/13 15:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Where to start. I bought the truck with 89k miles on it...at 90k the rear end started to leak that was lil expensive. I had windsheild whiper problems twice where they conect one would pop off one wone would work. the clutch went out at 100k(i dont do burn outs i baby my truck-never pulled huge load) that was liek 1500$$ i love hate it the driver side rear break light works of adn on...tho when i drive the manaul 5spd 4.& V8 with the 30 series flowmsater I sit back and wonder if i coudl ever get Rid of mt truck i love the manuls:) the egine it slef is ok power rusn great i get 20MPG highway if i baby it but uslay 17-18 adn 14-15 city....in all honesty i would say go with a ford MABE chevy.

lemon
By ramhater on 04/21/12 09:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i have an o4 dodge with 78k original miles, i just spun a rod bearing and dodge refuses to assist in any way meaning time for a new motor at my cost. i have had more warranty work done in the past than probably any vehicle should have, the had to fix leaking rear end, transmission failure, and replace both exhaust manifolds at the motor. my ball joints are also shot and my transmission is leaking at the yoke. i will never purchase another dodge again and i will recommend the same for anyone i meet. they were completely unhelpful at corporation when it came to warranty assistance. BUYER BE WARE!

Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7 Magnum SLT 4wD
By Greg Lee on 02/23/10 17:35 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is an excellent truck. It is everything a truck should be; it's fast, looks great, and is better on gas than some believe. I'm getting at least 18 miles to the gallon. As you may know, the Hemi kicks in after 35mph,saving in some gas, not a lot, but savings is savings. Older model but it is a great vehicle. Great truck!

LOVE My Truck! You Will Too...
By Jill on 01/27/10 19:15 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd drive a truck but bought the SLT 5.7L HEMI after renting one to tow motorcycles. I absolutely love it! It's so incredibly comfortable inside, and you feel like king of the road when you drive it. I have NEVER had mechanical problems with my truck. It has been very dependable and I always enjoy driving it. Yes, the engine's loud - don't get a HEMI if you don't like it. That's where the power is. No, it doesn't handle bumps well - don't buy a truck if you don't want it to drive like a truck - just hit them slowly and head on. Fuel efficiency is not impressive - we all know that - take the bus to work. If that's not your objective, this is your truck. Don't miss out

2004 5.7L HEMI - quad cab LoneStar
By HEMI4LIFE on 02/28/09 20:25 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Lone Star Package is great. This is the 1st HEMI I have owned in a truck, and let me say WOW. That is some power, off the line and on the highway, you will not be disappointed. I have had no problems in the past 3 years, and with the great deal am not upside down on my loan :~). Just wish it had a sun roof. For RAW power and decent mpg, its well worth the money. This truck can get almost 18MPG highway, or down to 9mpg if you have a lead foot and love speed. The bottom line is the power is there when you need it!

It's a Hemi
By IT'S A HEMI on 11/30/08 09:42 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This old boy as 53,000 miles on it. This as been a great truck so far. Most of these miles have been highway, it's the family vacation truck. Wife doesn't know how to pack. I have no problems out of this truck. The gas cap went bad with 500 miles on it and the dearler replaced. At 30,000 miles did the service at a local shop not Dodge paid about 500 or so for it. When gas prices got high we used my wife's car for vacation this fellow only gets 15.5 miles per gallon on highway at 80 mph. People can't beleive it's an 04. It rides good and looks good with the 20 inch wheels. Had to replace the tire with 30,000 miles on them. There sometimes is a ticking sound from the engine put in Mobil 1 synthetic oil.

Toyota next time
By had enough on 08/05/08 09:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

No more Dodge, I bought the slt quad cab with the small v8 thinking the gas mileage might be better, mistake. I have a Ford ranger that gets better mileage and for the weight to power ratio way outperforms the slug that Dodge is, lately I have been having trouble with overheating and have replaced every bolt on part associated with the cooling system and still it runs hot, bad gas mileage, underpowered, overheats, Toyota next time

A great Truck for the Money!!!
By NJ on 05/23/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

What a Great Truck, it's fun to drive.It is a very reliable truck for the money. It handles excellent very comfortable interior.The only problem is the gas mileage. All in all a Great truck keep up the good work Dodge.

What can I say, wow
By Raven72 on 03/08/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Switched from a 2000 F-150 Lariat last year for my Dodge QC Hemi, Wow what a difference. More power, no problem pulling my trailer and better comfort than the F150. Driving is far better and alot smoother. The interior has enough room where you dont think your sitting next the other person.

Fun to drive
By rz0mbie on 11/12/06 12:15 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used about 5 months ago with only 19000 miles on it. Best decision I ever made. I live in Ohio and took it to the Outerbanks for family vacation, and the ride was excellent. I average 13-14 city and 17-18 highway. Transmission shifts smoothly and love the rumble sound of the exhaust.