2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Ok-ok:(-:)
By ram4x490 on 04/04/13 15:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Where to start. I bought the truck with 89k miles on it...at 90k the rear end started to leak that was lil expensive. I had windsheild whiper problems twice where they conect one would pop off one wone would work. the clutch went out at 100k(i dont do burn outs i baby my truck-never pulled huge load) that was liek 1500$$ i love hate it the driver side rear break light works of adn on...tho when i drive the manaul 5spd 4.& V8 with the 30 series flowmsater I sit back and wonder if i coudl ever get Rid of mt truck i love the manuls:) the egine it slef is ok power rusn great i get 20MPG highway if i baby it but uslay 17-18 adn 14-15 city....in all honesty i would say go with a ford MABE chevy.

It's a good thing that Dodges don't hold their value!
By jwestie85 on 09/02/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Seriously... it's a fact. Dodge's DO NOT hold their value compared to, say an F150 or a Sierra, or a Silverado. BUT... This is a good thing because that means you and I can get our hands on a really good, really appealing truck for $1000s less! I've had 3 Dodge's so far, one with a 3.7 V6, one with a 4.7 V8, and one with the 5.7 HEMI V8 (Awesome engine!), and i wished i'd kept all three. Unfortunately i suffer from, "Gotta' have the next thing-itis" and i think it's terminal. All 3 trucks were great, the V6 was really underpowered, the 4.7 was normal, but the HEMI was incredible. Got rid of the HEMI a few months ago and it had 238,000 miles and ran like it had 50k, no lie. I LOVE EM.

lemon
By ramhater on 04/21/12 09:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i have an o4 dodge with 78k original miles, i just spun a rod bearing and dodge refuses to assist in any way meaning time for a new motor at my cost. i have had more warranty work done in the past than probably any vehicle should have, the had to fix leaking rear end, transmission failure, and replace both exhaust manifolds at the motor. my ball joints are also shot and my transmission is leaking at the yoke. i will never purchase another dodge again and i will recommend the same for anyone i meet. they were completely unhelpful at corporation when it came to warranty assistance. BUYER BE WARE!

Dodge 2004 SLT 4X4
By chirb on 05/01/11 14:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great vehicle, plenty of interior space. Smooth Drive. Gas Hog!!!

Love My Truck
By stoppermr on 08/17/10 06:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very reliable truck. Have had to do only normal maintenance. If you want horsepower and looks this is the truck. If you want a girls truck I would try the F-150. I've had some people try their luck against the Hemi and all they have seen is my bumper as I pull away. What a great feeling. Will always have a Ram.

1.5 yrs still love it QC 5.7 SLT 4x4
By Wayne on 07/07/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Pros: -Great Engine! owned a 94 ram 5.2L, after this the 5.7L was incredible. After 2 yrs of driving and hauling more than I should the engine never even breaks a sweat. A 3/4 engine in a 1/2 ton. Tow/Haul mode is a + -Interior front has plenty of storage and works as it should, back seats have plenty of leg room and the fold out flat cargo "platforms" under the flip up seats are genius. -The quad cab deserves it's own comment because although it's not a true crew cab I'll never go back to not having 4 fully opening doors. Personally, I wouldn't want anything with bigger rear doors. Con: -The rear suspension is lacking when paired with the 5.7L (I upgraded with air) -No rear limited slip.

Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7 Magnum SLT 4wD
By Greg Lee on 02/23/10 17:35 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is an excellent truck. It is everything a truck should be; it's fast, looks great, and is better on gas than some believe. I'm getting at least 18 miles to the gallon. As you may know, the Hemi kicks in after 35mph,saving in some gas, not a lot, but savings is savings. Older model but it is a great vehicle. Great truck!

LOVE My Truck! You Will Too...
By Jill on 01/27/10 19:15 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd drive a truck but bought the SLT 5.7L HEMI after renting one to tow motorcycles. I absolutely love it! It's so incredibly comfortable inside, and you feel like king of the road when you drive it. I have NEVER had mechanical problems with my truck. It has been very dependable and I always enjoy driving it. Yes, the engine's loud - don't get a HEMI if you don't like it. That's where the power is. No, it doesn't handle bumps well - don't buy a truck if you don't want it to drive like a truck - just hit them slowly and head on. Fuel efficiency is not impressive - we all know that - take the bus to work. If that's not your objective, this is your truck. Don't miss out

Dodge 1500 Hemi
By M. Johnson on 10/01/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my '04 Hemi w/25000 miles on it. The previous owner babied it. Now I have approximately 78500 miles on it and have only had to replace the front rotors. Excellent power althought new models have more. It pulls my trailer with no problem. This year I installed a Cherry Bomb Pro muffler to add a little "growl" to the motor. I kept the single factory pipe which comes out of the sidge behind the right rear wheel. Most people that I run into thinks that it sounds better than their own more expensive Flowmaster and Magnaflow dual exhaust set ups.

2004 5.7L HEMI - quad cab LoneStar
By HEMI4LIFE on 02/28/09 20:25 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Lone Star Package is great. This is the 1st HEMI I have owned in a truck, and let me say WOW. That is some power, off the line and on the highway, you will not be disappointed. I have had no problems in the past 3 years, and with the great deal am not upside down on my loan :~). Just wish it had a sun roof. For RAW power and decent mpg, its well worth the money. This truck can get almost 18MPG highway, or down to 9mpg if you have a lead foot and love speed. The bottom line is the power is there when you need it!