2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Awesome Truck
By Black Thunder on 06/18/09 23:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Purchased in May 09, only 7100 miles when I bought it. Has 12,000 on it now. Added a Volant CAI which increased highway from 16 mpg to nearly 19.2 mpg and City 9 mpg to 11 mpg if I drive 5 miles over the limit. The CAI increased horsepower from 500 to 522 horsepower. I do punch it at times and it responds well and the sound is AWESOME! The truck has 22" rims, put Hancooks on and handle very well, even in wet weather. The Perelli's did not grip well in wet weather and set of 4 Hancooks cost under $1000. Purchased Altezza tail lights, billet grill for looks. Added a Pioneer DVD GPS system. Overall, great truck!!

Love My SRT-10
By DD on 03/17/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

My SRT-10 drives great. It's fast and I can depend on it where ever I go. It's got the eye-catching looks too! The truck is just an outstanding vehicle!

I do drive it daily, and LOVE IT
By dvldawg3097 on 06/13/08 20:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the SRT 10 to replace my other dodge 5.7 although I had it up to 425 hp. Gas E/mpg is about the same as the Hemi, plus in Chicago you need to be faster just to merge in traffic because no one will let you in but in the SRT they don't have a chance. Stock right now adding an HX40 turbo very soon. Plus nothing beats a Ram. Semper Fi.

niceride
By miker on 03/24/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I sold my 65 GT350 Mustang & 1 owner cherry 86 c10 shortwide w/60k miles to buy this! I don't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dodge is Superior
By WadeW on 06/19/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Dodge is awesome. I mean, what other truck has a 505 cu. in. V10 with 500 horsepower? None. The performance is amazing. The interior is luxurious and roomy. It is built extremely well. Rims are awesome, resembling the 2003 Viper. This truck is one of a kind. The gas mileage is horrible, but come on, it's got 500 horsepower and everyone will respect you when they see that "Viper Powered" logo on the hood when you pull up. Dodge Power!

Hang on
By Daniel on 04/24/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is not for any beginner driver. It will tear up the asphalt quicker than you can shift the gears. The steering takes some getting used to. It is very tight, and will go where you move it. The brake dust is a bummer on it. They work like a charm, but if you like a clean look, expect to have some towels to wipe them down when you stop. The black is very hard to keep clean. It looks nice, but it is high maintenance. Get a red or silver if you can. Wear your seat belt in this thing. It will throw you all over the cab if you don't. The gas mileage is not bad for a truck. I have gotten as little as 4, and as good as 17. I had a lead foot the first tank.

Suprised with my SRT-10 Ram
By bill31157 on 02/17/06 01:34 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I wish it was a little lower and the subwoofer had a little more thump. I get 15.7 mpg between city and highway. I got 16.7 mpg on the road before I did two modifications to the truck. What truck do you know that they give you mileage figures of 9mpg and 11 mpg, and I got much more then that. I had two new Chevys, and they were both wrong. I got much less then what they told me they would get. I get between 18mpg and 21 mpg on the road with the two modifications that I did. This is a 10 cylinder with 500 horses. I love the torque. It looks great.

Awesome Truck
By Michael T. Swain on 11/22/05 17:49 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is the most fun vehicle I've ever driven. Its all around performance is more impressive than I ever imagined. The looks I get anywhere I go is just an added bonus. I keep it in a storage facility until the weekend, and about 4 o'clock my adrenaline starts flowing. It gets me excited just thinking about it.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
By johnyrocket on 07/23/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I just purchased it, and I love this truck. It has great power on tap at any time. For what it is, it's just truly unbelievable. I walk away every time in absolute awe. I have found Heaven on Earth and the fact that it just draws people like very few other cars can do. So if you want a performace vehicle and gas isn't a factor, this is a usable truck that can actually carry more than her purse.

I love my SRT-10
By greg on 01/13/05 04:32 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought it for a toy, a toy it is. Eye catching, ear catching, heart catching. You don't buy one and worry about the mileage. If you can buy one and pay cash, you will have even more fun.The navagation system is a must option, I'll be taking it around to show it off to all.