Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Ram 1500 Review
By oregon dodge man

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Absolutely fell in love with this truck after test driving it. The 5.7L HEMI engine meets and exceeds all of the hype created by the dodge commercials. I was actually in the market for the 4.7L engine, which has more than ample power, but after comparing it to the HEMI found that there was no comparison. What is interesting is that the HEMI produces over 100 more horse power but only loses ~1mpg in fuel efficiency. Besides the engine, another thing that really impresses me about the Ram is the way it handles. I was very surprised at the way such a big truck can move and handle. Overall, everything about this truck has thus far exceeded my expectations

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of this truck has got to be the 4wd. After a stressful day at work its always relaxing to go and do a few doughnuts in a mud pit. The HEMI provides more than enough power and torque to get those tires turning.

Suggested Improvements

I hear a lot of complaints about fuel efficiency but I expected this from a truck. It does suck paying upwards of $50 per tank of gas. I've also heard a lot of complaints about the interior not being refined enough, but I like the interior. It's a real man's interior and the ladies l

Great Truck!!!
By texas michael

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4wd is simply the best truck on the market in my opinion. I chose to get the HEMI engine because it simply outperforms the competition. Ford, GMC, and Chevy cannot keep up with my Dodge. I test drove all 4 U.S. Mfg. trucks, and it came down to the Dodge Ram and Ford F- 150. The Ram's HEMI engine simply outperformed the F-150's 5.4L Triton engine. I also liked the Rams exterior appearance much better than the F-150's. The only thing that kept Ford in the running was it's interior features. But in the end, the Ram's features outshined the competition. This is one great truck!

Favorite Features

There are too many to list. The 4wd is great. The 5.7L HEMI engine is another favorite. But my favorite feature is the Ram's great looks. It gets a lot of envious looks out there on the road.

Suggested Improvements

Some minor improvements to the interior styling could be made, eventhough I thing it looks and performs well enough for me.

Ram Owners Opinion
By Black Ram Driver

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Ram1500 4wd is the the best truck i've ever owned. Been a GMC man most of my life but switched over after driving my cousins 2003 Ram 1500. This truck not only looks better than the competition, it outperforms them too. I went with the 5.7 liter HEMI engine, which simply blows the competition away. This truck is just fun to drive. Like to take it off the road occasionally also. Performs well there too.

Favorite Features

I love the look of this truck. It just looks plain mean compared to the competition. Also, the 345 horse power HEMI engine is another favorite.

Suggested Improvements

The gas milage is one area that can be improved, but bad gas milage was expected with a truck (esoecially one with a 5.7 liter engine). Interior design can also be improved (wife's suggestion).

Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport
By Rogups

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

where ever I go,it catches eyes. get the 20" wheels.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel controls,cup holder,sounds great,20" wheels.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see more horse power in the 4.7 engine,seems like they could get the same horses the Jeep 4.7 does.

MY TRUCK
By Off Roader

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This Ram 4WD is one fun piece of machinery. I've got the off-road group with the HEMI and the thing has exceeded my expectations with its off- road performance. Its been able to keep up with a friend's Jeep Cherokee (with a 3" lift and some fat tires) in some muddy spots. It performs well on the road as well. Love feeling that 345 horse power under my right foot. My only complaint is that the thing loves the gas as just as much as I love the beer. But I guess I knew that before I bought the thing. Still a great buy and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a bad-ass truck.

Favorite Features

Gotta love the HEMI. Also love the 4WD. I'd never buy a truck w/o 4WD.

Suggested Improvements

Improve fuel economy.