2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

SLT Regular Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Ram 1500 Review
By oregon dodge man on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Absolutely fell in love with this truck after test driving it. The 5.7L HEMI engine meets and exceeds all of the hype created by the dodge commercials. I was actually in the market for the 4.7L engine, which has more than ample power, but after comparing it to the HEMI found that there was no comparison. What is interesting is that the HEMI produces over 100 more horse power but only loses ~1mpg in fuel efficiency. Besides the engine, another thing that really impresses me about the Ram is the way it handles. I was very surprised at the way such a big truck can move and handle. Overall, everything about this truck has thus far exceeded my expectations

Great Truck!!!
By texas michael on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4wd is simply the best truck on the market in my opinion. I chose to get the HEMI engine because it simply outperforms the competition. Ford, GMC, and Chevy cannot keep up with my Dodge. I test drove all 4 U.S. Mfg. trucks, and it came down to the Dodge Ram and Ford F- 150. The Ram's HEMI engine simply outperformed the F-150's 5.4L Triton engine. I also liked the Rams exterior appearance much better than the F-150's. The only thing that kept Ford in the running was it's interior features. But in the end, the Ram's features outshined the competition. This is one great truck!

Ram Owners Opinion
By Black Ram Driver on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Ram1500 4wd is the the best truck i've ever owned. Been a GMC man most of my life but switched over after driving my cousins 2003 Ram 1500. This truck not only looks better than the competition, it outperforms them too. I went with the 5.7 liter HEMI engine, which simply blows the competition away. This truck is just fun to drive. Like to take it off the road occasionally also. Performs well there too.

MY TRUCK
By Off Roader on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This Ram 4WD is one fun piece of machinery. I've got the off-road group with the HEMI and the thing has exceeded my expectations with its off- road performance. Its been able to keep up with a friend's Jeep Cherokee (with a 3" lift and some fat tires) in some muddy spots. It performs well on the road as well. Love feeling that 345 horse power under my right foot. My only complaint is that the thing loves the gas as just as much as I love the beer. But I guess I knew that before I bought the thing. Still a great buy and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a bad-ass truck.

Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport
By Rogups on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

where ever I go,it catches eyes. get the 20" wheels.

good enough
By is123 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

very please with this truck

yesa
By laebth on 06/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

its just swell... love the hemi!

ram hemi 5.7
By tom hemi ram 5.7 on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

very pleased so far

YEAH ITS GOT A HEMI !!
By Mr. Young on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 RC, HEMI equipped (of course). And I have to say I've had about 15 trucks in my time and this Ram , by far, Out performs all of them in ALL areas!!

lovin' my ram
By ramlover on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

my flamin' red hot ram is the most fun ride out of the 4 other dodge trucks i have owned.