2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
4.7 bad motors
By tyler on 07/27/10 03:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Dodge style and ride but the 4.7 is a horrible motor. I have replaced 2 on my truck that only has 119,000 miles. After talking to techs at dealerships and looking online I see that Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler have had many problems with this motor. I will never make a purchase of any vehicle with this motor again.

Not bad for a Dodge
By David on 12/03/09 12:43 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My first dodge since my parents had a aspen. Bought it used with 23,000 now showing 56,000 and have no problems with the truck. I replacing the plugs after 20,000 and found it easy to do. Flushed all fluids and again it not expensive to do. Fit and finish is fine for a truck. Seats a little flat but do work and easy to keep clean. Plastic hard but easy to clean. Not a perfect truck but those thinking none American companies can do better they can not. Owned a toy and a kia and traded them for Ford and Dodge. Read owners manual and keep up on the maintenance and found that these truck are pretty good. Now thinking of replacing the Ford with a Charger. Most reviews are good.

great truck all around
By jfin on 04/03/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck, just bought it a month ago and have already put 5000 miles on it, it rides great other than the seats that have no lumbar support. It has a gas sipping v-6 which by no means is slow, in fact I have outrun a 5.3 liter Chevy with it... And no one believes me. Oh well! It made a two hour drive to Austin and from there a 12 hour drive to Nashville! Not a problem whatsoever! It has the best air conditioner of any vehicle I have ever owned let alone been inside and this is vehicle number 11 for me! I cant think of much more about this truck because its a base model and didn't come with much, the only problem is during extreme rain it leaks under the dash a bit but I have vinyl floors

All Around Great Truck
By JJ on 03/28/07 04:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck with the 5.7L Hemi and gas mileage is great. Getting between 18.5 and 19.9 miles per gallon highway driving between 60-65 mph. Climb any hill with ease and power to spare. With 55000 miles on the original tires I still have substantial tread wear remaining on the original tires, never had a vehicle with this attribute including Toyotas and Ford pickup trucks

Still happy with my truck after 2 years.
By RamRobStL on 02/17/06 00:46 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

No real complaints, bought it to use as a light duty truck and in that respect it works flawlessly. A bit unhappy with Dodge's claims about the gas mileage, I see nowhere near 21 on the highway, more like 14-15, but I did not buy it solely for the gas mileage.

Bad buy
By bigdaddy on 11/15/05 16:48 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bad gas mileage, ABS system problems. When braking pulls to left, skips at around 1700 rpm, noisy, lacks power

Great Value
By Mr. Bruce on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Needed a truck. Bought bottom of the line but no one can tell. Added cruise control (good move) and a liner(bad choice). A problem with the gauges was corrected but took a while.

Love my Dodge
By Whutfles on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

The 1500 Ram that i got is one of the better trucks out there....

great truck
By allendad4 on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

great truck, no problems

Ram
By Brandon Wisniske on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

In the 7 months i have had my dodge ram, it has been great. I have always wanted one, and now i do, its my first new car, and i cant complain. Few minor things such as no power locks/windows, or cruise control, but those i could live with out. I think those things should be included in base models, my 82 camaro had power locks and windows. The gas mileage i thought would be better, but for city, its not great. Gotta love that Ram look!!