2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Ok-ok:(-:)
By ram4x490 on 04/04/13 15:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Where to start. I bought the truck with 89k miles on it...at 90k the rear end started to leak that was lil expensive. I had windsheild whiper problems twice where they conect one would pop off one wone would work. the clutch went out at 100k(i dont do burn outs i baby my truck-never pulled huge load) that was liek 1500$$ i love hate it the driver side rear break light works of adn on...tho when i drive the manaul 5spd 4.& V8 with the 30 series flowmsater I sit back and wonder if i coudl ever get Rid of mt truck i love the manuls:) the egine it slef is ok power rusn great i get 20MPG highway if i baby it but uslay 17-18 adn 14-15 city....in all honesty i would say go with a ford MABE chevy.

It's a good thing that Dodges don't hold their value!
By jwestie85 on 09/02/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Seriously... it's a fact. Dodge's DO NOT hold their value compared to, say an F150 or a Sierra, or a Silverado. BUT... This is a good thing because that means you and I can get our hands on a really good, really appealing truck for $1000s less! I've had 3 Dodge's so far, one with a 3.7 V6, one with a 4.7 V8, and one with the 5.7 HEMI V8 (Awesome engine!), and i wished i'd kept all three. Unfortunately i suffer from, "Gotta' have the next thing-itis" and i think it's terminal. All 3 trucks were great, the V6 was really underpowered, the 4.7 was normal, but the HEMI was incredible. Got rid of the HEMI a few months ago and it had 238,000 miles and ran like it had 50k, no lie. I LOVE EM.

lemon
By ramhater on 04/21/12 09:35 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i have an o4 dodge with 78k original miles, i just spun a rod bearing and dodge refuses to assist in any way meaning time for a new motor at my cost. i have had more warranty work done in the past than probably any vehicle should have, the had to fix leaking rear end, transmission failure, and replace both exhaust manifolds at the motor. my ball joints are also shot and my transmission is leaking at the yoke. i will never purchase another dodge again and i will recommend the same for anyone i meet. they were completely unhelpful at corporation when it came to warranty assistance. BUYER BE WARE!

Dodge 2004 SLT 4X4
By chirb on 05/01/11 14:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great vehicle, plenty of interior space. Smooth Drive. Gas Hog!!!

Love My Truck
By stoppermr on 08/17/10 06:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very reliable truck. Have had to do only normal maintenance. If you want horsepower and looks this is the truck. If you want a girls truck I would try the F-150. I've had some people try their luck against the Hemi and all they have seen is my bumper as I pull away. What a great feeling. Will always have a Ram.

4.7 bad motors
By tyler on 07/27/10 03:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Dodge style and ride but the 4.7 is a horrible motor. I have replaced 2 on my truck that only has 119,000 miles. After talking to techs at dealerships and looking online I see that Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler have had many problems with this motor. I will never make a purchase of any vehicle with this motor again.

1.5 yrs still love it QC 5.7 SLT 4x4
By Wayne on 07/07/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Pros: -Great Engine! owned a 94 ram 5.2L, after this the 5.7L was incredible. After 2 yrs of driving and hauling more than I should the engine never even breaks a sweat. A 3/4 engine in a 1/2 ton. Tow/Haul mode is a + -Interior front has plenty of storage and works as it should, back seats have plenty of leg room and the fold out flat cargo "platforms" under the flip up seats are genius. -The quad cab deserves it's own comment because although it's not a true crew cab I'll never go back to not having 4 fully opening doors. Personally, I wouldn't want anything with bigger rear doors. Con: -The rear suspension is lacking when paired with the 5.7L (I upgraded with air) -No rear limited slip.

2004 DODGE RAM 1500
By AZRAMBO on 02/25/10 11:45 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is a good truck dependable, nice looking, except it just barely reached 70,000 miles and just was told transmission needs to be rebuilt. Apparently this happens alot with Dodge trucks. The company that told me about the tranny has been in business 37 years and very reputable. Don't use truck for really anything than driving to and from work so it's not used often. To have tranny issues already is messed up. Other than that no other issues it's just the 1 issue is major and very expensive. Don't think I would be buying a Dodge again, unless the warranty holds up... checking on that now.

Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7 Magnum SLT 4wD
By Greg Lee on 02/23/10 17:35 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is an excellent truck. It is everything a truck should be; it's fast, looks great, and is better on gas than some believe. I'm getting at least 18 miles to the gallon. As you may know, the Hemi kicks in after 35mph,saving in some gas, not a lot, but savings is savings. Older model but it is a great vehicle. Great truck!

LOVE My Truck! You Will Too...
By Jill on 01/27/10 19:15 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd drive a truck but bought the SLT 5.7L HEMI after renting one to tow motorcycles. I absolutely love it! It's so incredibly comfortable inside, and you feel like king of the road when you drive it. I have NEVER had mechanical problems with my truck. It has been very dependable and I always enjoy driving it. Yes, the engine's loud - don't get a HEMI if you don't like it. That's where the power is. No, it doesn't handle bumps well - don't buy a truck if you don't want it to drive like a truck - just hit them slowly and head on. Fuel efficiency is not impressive - we all know that - take the bus to work. If that's not your objective, this is your truck. Don't miss out