Not bad, not great
By RamTHIS03 on
2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)
I agree with anyone that says the V6 is underpowered. If I were to do it over again, and have more money, I'd buy the Hemi version. The 6 is grossly underpowered. All in all, good daily driver, but for an enthusiast, it makes for a pretty boring truck. If only I had gotten the V8, I might be having more fun.
Favorite Features
The looks. Can't beat the look of the new Rams. Very comfortable ride too.
Suggested Improvements
Don't even offer the V6 in this truck, it takes away so much from the driving fun. Keep the 6's in the Dakota if you have to keep them in a truck at all.
By smoo4asw
on 10/30/14 18:10 PM (PDT)

I own a contemporary Ford F-150 with the 4.6 liter Triton V8 and I have to say you are right that the V8 makes the truck experience so much more fun. It's like a pony car that can haul stuff, in that many of the same things that would make you want a Mustang (or in Chrysler's case the Challenger) you can find that a contemporary pickup can do many of those same things. Not as good with fuel, but then again you don't buy a V8 thinking you'll get fuel economy. I think your review is one of the most helpful I've read on this site of any vehicle I've ever researched. I wish there was a second level of thumbs up for a review like yours.