2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Fun, fun, fun!

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Regular Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

Fun, fun, fun!
By Red90 on

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought mine last week, used with 10,000 miles on it. I promptly picked it up and headed out on a road trip to Columbus, OH from Watertown, NY. If you havent driven a truck lately, go test drive this thing! The ride was spectacular! I was worried the seats might be too stiff, but after driving for over 7 hours, my fears had no merit. Great cornering, good suspension (its a bit bouncy over some rough highway) and WOW! What an engine! Mine came with the 5.7 Hemi, and its worth every penny as an extra. The exhaust is enough to get your heart pumping! Only negative that I have to say is the transmission. It likes to shift alot.

Hemi...cant say enough. Body style is great (grill has me a bit worried, all plastic). Excellent ride.

Smooth the tranny out, it shifts alot. Radio and vent controls a bit of a reach and can be distracting (I'm 6'3, and its still a bit of a reach)