2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
I LOVE THIS TRUCK
By kscity58 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After two great months I am still in awe of this truck, I only have two complaints 1. I wish my wife didnt like to drive it so much, then I wouldnt be driving a minivan to work. and 2. I wish I had gotten the 5.7 HEMI instead of the 4.7 so I could say YES to all the ????

Safety Concerns
By HemiOwner on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is a 2003 SLT 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi with 20inch wheels. The brake rotors warp, which cause the truck to bounce during braking. Initial warpage occurs around 3000 miles, most dealerships appear to not acknowledge the problem. Now that the truck has passed 12k miles, I found a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that suggests turning the rotors and replacing the pads. The rotors need replaced and not turned as it is a defect in materials.

Great Truck
By HemiCA on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have a 2003 Hemi with around 8k on miles and it and it hasn't been back except for an Oil Change. Great Truck it has way more power and people always tell me what a great truck it is. I also love the room and can put 6 people in the truck no problem. I have never regreted not having the Bucket Seats

Objects in mirror...
By CaRam on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is the nicest vehicle I have owned. The sound of the Hemi alone makes me want to drive it. Responsive, tall, powerful, it just looks like a mean machine. No regrets.

Follow-up review HEMI powered 4WD SLT SB
By HappyHEMI on 12/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I still like the truck after having driven it now for almost 7,000 Miles. The HEMI has all the power necessary for pulling the mountains in Virginia. Rotors warped at 5000 miles.

2003 Hemi Ram
By CJ Boa on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I was affraid that the HP would be lost in this tank, but I was wrong. This truck can walk circles around my old Dakota R/T and about anything else on the road today

Great Truck
By sgahemi on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned late models Chevy and Ford pick ups and this Hemi Lariat has been the tightest built to date. The bed doesn't shake over railroad tracks, the steering feel is good and it tracks true. Heated seats are nice on cold days and the HVAC system works well in all weather. This truck has great acceleration with the Hemi and the sound of the exhaust reminds me of the late 60s. This is not a perfect truck, but I don't regret my choice of the Dodge. I have had no problems, either mechanical or otherwise so far. The looks are awsome and you have a commanding view of everything around you.

My New Dodge
By toobad on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have only had this truck a couple of months but I love it. The 4.7 engine is ok. I love the ride hight and the looks of the truck. I drove the Ford and Chevy also but the Dodge is better looking and had more interior room. Also the best value.

03 Ram 1500
By scotfree on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Abosolutely love this truck. Bought in July 03 incentives were great!! Prviously owned 2000 Dakota wnt looking for another one and wound up with my Ram. The ride, room, and styling blew me away.

Wheel Fell Off
By Unhappy Customer on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I thought the highway gas mileage at 11 mpg was the worst part of this 4x4 truck until the rear tire broke off the axle while trying to drive over a 6" curb. Then Dodge refused to warranty the vehicle and charge me $3400 to repair the axle. Needless to say, I will never buy a Chrysler product again. My 2002 FORD F350 is a great vehicle.