Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

The Sharpest Truck on the Road
By David Airhart

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had other makes and models of trucks but none compare to the Dodge Ram 1500 I now own. It is more like a luxury car, (I have the Laramie) but will do the work of a truck. My wife enjoys it as much as I do. It not only rides smooth, runs great, and handles easily but it looks better than the other trucks I have seen on the road. My wife loves the dual control on the air-conditionong and the heat. We both stay comfortable and enjoy the ride. I cannot say enough good about the integrity of this truck. I will never purchase another truck that is not a dodge.

The loading platform inside the cab when the back seat folds up. The heated front seats. The dual temperature controls for the driver and the passenger.

None I can think of except better gas mileage.

Nice truck, bad paint
By gus

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

It is a nice truck with a lot of power, but fuel consumption with 1500 lbs in the back is to much. Until now no problems, but the paint is very sensitive. The truck is used in the oilfields and works fine

Power in 4W drive

Paint is very sensitive, a brush of a tree and it is damaged

What a truck... quality, comfort, power.
By GeorgeJones

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My 2003 Dodge Ram has 44,250 miles and runs like it came off the showroom. I average 14.5 mpg in stop and go and can get close to 18 on the highway. These are on the conservative days i might add. Very economical for the power of this pickup. I have had no problems what so ever with my truck. The seats are incredibly comfortable, the truck is very powerful, the 4x4 system works like a charm, i hunt quite a bit and do use it. Just had my friend bill lose a transmission in his Tundra at 40,000. He paid 5500 more than me. Sad I must say. This is an excellent buy and a great vehicle.

Hemi power is overwhelming, seats are really comfortable, gas mileage is very good for the power. I'm glad they put the 6.5' bed on the quad cab rams. Nice steering also.

Lose the 20's on the 4x4 models, it really makes it useless. Mine didn't come with them but I had them on my last 03' 2wd. Make 265/70's standard on the 4wd and 33" optional like on the powerwagon. Dodge guys hunt, fish, and have an active lifestyle

American Buyer and always will be
By ryanz55

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My '03 Ram Hemi 4x4 has just rolled over to 44,000 and has been an excellent truck. Transmission feels strong and gas mileage just keeps getting better. I get routinely nearly 15 mpg. I hunt and fish and this truck gets me everywhere and places i didn't think it could go. For deer season it is great. Great payload and performance is second to none. Always pull my buddy out of the creeks and mud in his 2002 Toyota Tundra. He has gone through 2 transmissions at 78,000. Mopar has really made a winner. No problems but routine oil changes.

Hemi, bold look, great build quality, decent gas mileage for such power. Get you anywhere feel to the truck. Real tough pickup.

None because in 06' they restyled the interior. Excellent truck. Maybe Toyota will figure out people want a reliable, bold, tough pickup.

First New Vehicle
By J

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with this truck overall. Some warranty work was required for a short in the stereo and an emmissions part, but nothing that would stop the truck from running.

Interior storage compartments and comfortable ride.

Rain gutters for side windows.