2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
dodge
By stubby on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Although I am somewhat disappointed with the fuel economy of the truck I am very pleased over all with the truck.Acceleration is terrific, ride quality is nice and fit and finish is better than I expected.

Snow? Ice? No Problem!!!
By powers4582 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The first week my rear left tire blew out because I ran over something in the road. I had to immediately pay $150 for a 20" tire. Ouch! In January, we had a huge snow and ice storm that lasted over a week. When I took my Hemi out and put it in 4x4 mode, it was INCREDIBLE!! I didn't need any chains and it drove perfectly. I couldn't have asked for anything more! I felt safe and secure and I plan to own this truck for many years to come! I now have only 11K on it, but I am still in my first year. I have had many compliments on this truck both in the appearance as well as the power that my passengers felt during the drive.

HAMMERTIME
By superfly on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Whatever category you list this truck does it! Anybody that whines about fuel economy I ask did you not read the window sticker? Secondly with the power and performance did you really expect to get great economy? Thirdly you like showing off which makes it difficult to keep your foot out of the tank! So now let's get this straight you wanted what?

my dodge ram
By biggie756 on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i love my ram. I have owned other pick- ups and by far this one is the best. I can put the car seat in the truck with lots of room still.

Hemi vs MPG
By YankeeHater on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Buy this truck for looks, performance, or just to say you have a Hemi but don't buy it if you plan to commute with it. You will not be pleased with 10 to 12 mpg using the required mid grade fuel. $$$$$

To many Repair's
By feltro on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This was a great truck the first 3000 miles,great power 3000 miles is number the truck would shake when brakeing had to turn rotors install new brake pads ,liked the 20" wheels untill the chrome started staining replaced 2 wheels,replaced pass side front & rear glass the glass would scratch when it was lower.Now the HEMI 5.7 at 4700 miles heard a ticking noise from the right side of the engine was a broken rocker arm after 26 day's dodge fixed the engine. 14 days later the tick noise is back.

'03 Dodge Quad Cab 5.9L 4sp AT
By JohnW on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Have 17,500 mile with no significant mechanical problems. Love the handling for it's size with the 20" wheels. Purchased before the HEMI was available on the 1500's, but the 5.9 is adequate for the work and driving I do. Interior is perfect for family of 4 with young children. Storage areas are good for the small stuff you carry with you in the cab. Only problem I had is with the brake rotors warping. Better cooling or better rotor design or both is needed. John W.

Best I've ever driven
By Louisiana Home on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned 3 trucks previous, a Ford, a Chevy, and a GMC. None were as quiet, smooth, or powerful as this one. Huge interior, rear seating plenty for adults. Tows my camper or utility trailor loaded with 4-wheelers without any strain or significant change in gas mileage.

Way Too Expensive...
By Gubba Hog on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

There's no dispute, it's the best looking truck out there. However, the Hemi engine consumes way too much fuel. As for the rear seats, they're not comfortable at all. In fact, the back seats don't recline whatsoever and they lack headrests, which Dodge finally added in 2004. In comparison to other truck manufactures, Dodge' Quad Cab seems to offer the least amount of leg room. The leather interior looks cheap and the stereo system isn't anything to boast about. The navigational system has a small screen compared to other manufacturers and Dodge doesn't even offer a DVD entertainment system for the rear. Would I buy another Dodge Ram? No...

Thank God for the Hemi!
By ShanePierce on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have been an import buyer until recently but decided to go back to american and I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 with a Hemi. I considered a bigger truck with the cummins diesel but ultimatley price kept me from doing that. This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. I love everything about it, the styling, POWER, and its functional for work. Dodge has made huge improvements and the new 7/70 warranty was definatly a decideing factor