Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Nice truck, bad paint
By gus

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

It is a nice truck with a lot of power, but fuel consumption with 1500 lbs in the back is to much. Until now no problems, but the paint is very sensitive. The truck is used in the oilfields and works fine

Favorite Features

Power in 4W drive

Suggested Improvements

Paint is very sensitive, a brush of a tree and it is damaged

What a truck... quality, comfort, power.
By GeorgeJones

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My 2003 Dodge Ram has 44,250 miles and runs like it came off the showroom. I average 14.5 mpg in stop and go and can get close to 18 on the highway. These are on the conservative days i might add. Very economical for the power of this pickup. I have had no problems what so ever with my truck. The seats are incredibly comfortable, the truck is very powerful, the 4x4 system works like a charm, i hunt quite a bit and do use it. Just had my friend bill lose a transmission in his Tundra at 40,000. He paid 5500 more than me. Sad I must say. This is an excellent buy and a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Hemi power is overwhelming, seats are really comfortable, gas mileage is very good for the power. I'm glad they put the 6.5' bed on the quad cab rams. Nice steering also.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the 20's on the 4x4 models, it really makes it useless. Mine didn't come with them but I had them on my last 03' 2wd. Make 265/70's standard on the 4wd and 33" optional like on the powerwagon. Dodge guys hunt, fish, and have an active lifestyle

American Buyer and always will be
By ryanz55

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My '03 Ram Hemi 4x4 has just rolled over to 44,000 and has been an excellent truck. Transmission feels strong and gas mileage just keeps getting better. I get routinely nearly 15 mpg. I hunt and fish and this truck gets me everywhere and places i didn't think it could go. For deer season it is great. Great payload and performance is second to none. Always pull my buddy out of the creeks and mud in his 2002 Toyota Tundra. He has gone through 2 transmissions at 78,000. Mopar has really made a winner. No problems but routine oil changes.

Favorite Features

Hemi, bold look, great build quality, decent gas mileage for such power. Get you anywhere feel to the truck. Real tough pickup.

Suggested Improvements

None because in 06' they restyled the interior. Excellent truck. Maybe Toyota will figure out people want a reliable, bold, tough pickup.

First New Vehicle
By J

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied with this truck overall. Some warranty work was required for a short in the stereo and an emmissions part, but nothing that would stop the truck from running.

Favorite Features

Interior storage compartments and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Rain gutters for side windows.

Great truck
By JaY

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is comfortable and fun to drive, Comfort on long trips is a big plus. Off road package is great does not effect the ride on the highway but is good in lots of snow and mud.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks and tall stance. Tows very well.

Suggested Improvements

More HP on the small 4.7l.