2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Thoughtful Engineering
By reldat on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought a used 2003 Ram 1500 SLT w/ HEMI. Options include 20 inch rims, trailer tow, fold flat rear floor, flip out mirrors, infinity sounds, compass. The truck had 15 K miles and was in perfect shape. I had researched the true truck market (Chevy, Ford, Dodge) and test drove each. I drove the Dodge last and was immeditely sold. The engineers that designed this truck did an exceptional job. The quad cab is pleanty big. I have had three large co-workers back there with no complaints. Alot of thought was put into the little things. Fold out mirrors are handy. Engine oil fill is large enough to hold a 1 quart bottle upright. Hemi Power.

Love my Ram
By Leftymt on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Pulls great, lots of power. Has a very comfortable ride with lots of room for big people. I've had limited off road experience, but it did well. The only problem I have is the amount of plastic used on the exterior. The front end is mostly plastic. The grill is very flimsy. Mine was just cracked by an encounter with a bug. The "chrome" is also peeling. It is a foil on top of plastic around the grill.

Love those Rams
By Roxynoodle on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had the truck for just under 10,000 miles and have had no problems. My old Ram has over 200,000 miles on it which is why I bought another one. I have had the best luck with Chrysler products all the way around. This new Ram has great looks, power, a wonderful ride (like riding on a cloud) and can do everything. It seats 6 adults comfortably, tows and hauls, what more could you want from a vehicle?

great truck
By mikestruck on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had an excellent experience with this truck. Installed and K&N air filter and FloMaster Stage III dual exhaust system, getting 3 MPG better on freeway. Build quality has been durable, no squeaks or rattles. Engine has been flawless.

hemi
By piss on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i really enjoy driving my Dodge there is just one thing. I want to ad after market things to my truck but it will void some of the warenty. Also you guys charge about 3 time the amount to install to stay with the warenty.

Canyousayhemi
By Dymo on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Awesome vehicle. No problems, no complaints. Should be TX truck of year and future.

Yeah, its got a Hemi!
By roninoregon on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love the Hemi power and throttle noise, comfortable seats, and sitting up high over the traffic. Terrible wind noise from front passenger window, leaks water when windy and raining. Paint is fading on lower panels behind wheel wells.

HAMMERTIME
By superfly on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Whatever category you list this truck does it! Anybody that whines about fuel economy I ask did you not read the window sticker? Secondly with the power and performance did you really expect to get great economy? Thirdly you like showing off which makes it difficult to keep your foot out of the tank! So now let's get this straight you wanted what?

Snow? Ice? No Problem!!!
By powers4582 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The first week my rear left tire blew out because I ran over something in the road. I had to immediately pay $150 for a 20" tire. Ouch! In January, we had a huge snow and ice storm that lasted over a week. When I took my Hemi out and put it in 4x4 mode, it was INCREDIBLE!! I didn't need any chains and it drove perfectly. I couldn't have asked for anything more! I felt safe and secure and I plan to own this truck for many years to come! I now have only 11K on it, but I am still in my first year. I have had many compliments on this truck both in the appearance as well as the power that my passengers felt during the drive.

dodge
By stubby on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Although I am somewhat disappointed with the fuel economy of the truck I am very pleased over all with the truck.Acceleration is terrific, ride quality is nice and fit and finish is better than I expected.