Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

The Hemi
By mj23cantona

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Only had it for a year -it was stolen- overall I was happy, my wife loved it, but gas mileage was horrible, 60% freeway, 40% city and it's average was about 11.5 mpg. A few electrical glicks, rear lights especially.

Favorite Features

The Hemi, the 20" wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. Maybe offer gearshift somewhere other than the steering wheel.

Best Truck I've Owned
By 1badram

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, then I went out and bought the '03 Ram. There is a world of difference in power, comfort and the amount of room inside. Dodge did a great job with the new truck!

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, and styling

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

dodgeram 1500 slt
By john gomes

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I found the dodge 1500 slt 4.7 had good power and take off .the bodey has a great look to it.inside could use more detail around the dashboard and raido also controlpanel.seating is very confortable and roomy for seven pepole.suspenstion in the raer could use more woork soo it dosent droop down with fully loaded bed besides that i am verey happy with my quade cab 1500 slt ram.

Favorite Features

I love the bodystyle and allaround apperance of the ram 1500 Slt ram.dashboard gages and speedomiter compiment the iside of the truck.the heated mirrows are very coveint.the weels or rims also give the ram 1500 slt a very classy but tough look.

Suggested Improvements

in the cab. dashboard and raido shoud have more of a classy but tougher look to matche the tought and classy look of the truck itself.rear suspention sould hold more weight so it dosent drope down so it stayes firm and dosent sway backe and forth

Rough & ready
By Todd

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have put almost 50,000 miles on my truck in just over 3 years. I bought it not only as a commute vehicle, but to use it as a truck also. I haul things in the bed on a regular basis. I have even used it off road. I have never had even one problem with it. It performs well on and offroad. The only negative thing I can say is the mpg is not good. I average about 15 miles per gallon. Although, I knew that going into my purchase. That was going to be a sacrifice in order to get the interior room, the hauling and towing abilities, and the engine performance I needed. Overall, I could not be happier with it.

Sweet Rig
By smoke20

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

First Dodge truck after owning Chevys. Worlds of difference between new Ram and old 2000 Silverado x-cab. Cabin feels much larger than the old truck. Handling is much better. Ride is a little bouncy with the 20's but they look cool so I don't mind so much. Engine is awesome. Can't help but mashing the go pedal, even with the extra expense in gas. Such a fun truck to drive and a looker too. Interior is good but feel a bit sparse and plastic-y and lockers for the cup holder and ash tray have trouble holding sometimes. Get's about 15-16 on the highway going 70- 75, which is about what my Chevy got.

Favorite Features

Power is great. Gets lots of looks out on the road and in parking lots. Seats are comfortable in long drives. Love the exhaust note and ride height.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had displacement on demand for better fuel mileage, stereo could be better, better materials in the interior, would be nice if it had a part time 4wd option for the transfer case