2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Great truck.....gotta love the Hemi!!!
By Pat on 04/20/05 15:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the truck used and it has run great ever since. I can't say too much for the gas mileage, but considering how big the truck is and the engine size, it does pretty well. It is a V8 after all. Great truck except Dodge needs to work a little with the shifting, it's not bad, but it's not perfect. Great truck!

Dismal and disappointing
By INHILLJACK on 03/21/05 18:07 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

These trucks look awesome, but they sure disappoint with their poor quality. Exterior is awesome and is the selling point for these trucks. Interior design is very dated and plasticy. Very roomy & comfortable on short to medium length trips. Long trips become more uncomfortable due to the seats/lack of lower back support. Engine performance is horrible. Bought mine before the Hemi came out - thought the 4.7 would do. Thought wrong. It can't get out of it's own way, and gets worse mileage than the much more powerful 5.4 ford that this replaced. Truck out of alignment at 4,000 miles, warped rotors at 15,000, alignment again at 20,000, and leaky power steering pump at 39,000 miles.

Nice Truck
By jamesmcc on 02/07/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Trouble free so far but a couple of check engine and check guage lights came on and went off. Not sure what that was about. 20" Goodyear tires are terrible and wearing fast. Got the Hemi engine and its fast! But thirsty, 12 mpg on average. A/C is a little weak on very hot days, sometimes it feels as if its blowing warm air. Had it checked and of course the dealer found nothing wrong. But small quips aside, I like this truck.

cool truck
By macadoowop on 12/08/04 12:37 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I haven`t put too many miles on it yet,but so far its been great.I just wish the gas mileage was better since it seemed to increase in cost around the time I bought it.

Cool ride!!
By Cool Ride!! on 11/16/04 23:21 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. The gas mileage could be better, but I knew this when I bought it. The V6 is not quite big enough for this truck, but it is acceptable. I don't haul big loads nor pull anything. It handles very well. For a truck this size, the turn pattern is tight. This truck has not given me a minutes problem and I would recommend you get one. I've had mine 2 years and still love driving it. I think I'll run to the store.

it is not what it seems
By fishinmagician on 11/08/04 18:38 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

after looking at chevy and ford, dodge was by far the best looking truck. however, about a month after purchasing it, problems arose. the truck has been in the shop at least 10 times for numerous problems. first, the brake rotors warped, and we had them changed 3 times. then the wind noise is terrible at about 35 mph. we took it to the dealer and they suggested installing rain guard things ,which helped a little. you cannot ride comfortably with the windows down because the wind pounds the side of your head. the seats are like torture devices there is no comfortable position .the lastest problem is the transmission, which sounds like it is about to fall out whenever gears are changed.

The best truck on the market
By HappywhittheRam on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

15,000 miles on the truck and i haven,t had any problem, is a great truck, best engine (Hemi) than any other truck; if you buy one you wull not be dissapointed.

Excellent Ride
By anthonyg23 on 08/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have never owned a truck before and I believe this is one of the best trucks out there. Good price and great comfort.

Junk
By no dodge on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Dodge boys better figure out how to keep the Hemi runnin. I've had mint back to three different dealers a combined eight times in just over a year and they cannot figure out why it dies on me. I may have to go back to Fords.

Hemi Ram fun when it runs!
By hemiboy on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Enjoy performance of vehicle, very fast and has great acceleration. Major problem from beginning that is still ongoing after six dealer visits, some over a week, is that is will quit running while at idle and occasionally while driving, after which the check engine light will stay on for a designated number of ignition cycles. The truck has not left me stranded, YET. For a new vehicle this is not acceptable. If this was taken care of the truck would be wonderful.