Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Nice...but
By dodge dodger

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Nice truck. A couple of minor issues from factory concerning paint on rear door pillar. Dealer fixed without issue. Other parts needing addressing were driver side console has play making it a nuisance to put windows up and down. Missing screw from plenum underneath instr. panel. Dealer didn't fix console and they put bolt instead of screw on plenum. Again, lovely sale and truck but back to the old typical service issue that I hoped not to relive on my lifetime of owning an American car again. Oh well nice truck just disappointing service.

Favorite Features

4.7 goes, lots of room for family and storage in short bed. Tacoma/Tundra too small when talking room. Chevy & Ford too expensive. A lot of truck for the dollar.

Suggested Improvements

Love to have better mileage. Dodge Service. Typical "I don't care or it's not my problem" service attitude that I haven't had to deal with since I owned an 87 Chevy Camaro. Since then I've gone foreign. Makes you think twice.

more work in the interior it to simple
By javi

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

the interior of the truck needs mor work but overall it nice. it needs more features. it looks inside like a ranch truck.

Dodge ram 1500
By Andrew Veclotch

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Breaks suck. 7000 miles and on 2nd set of rotors without ever towing anything.

Favorite Features

enigne has awesome performance

Suggested Improvements

new breaking system

My mini Winnebego
By Chrisbuildr

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have been driving my 2003 now for a year. I have 25,000 miles on it now, most of it driving back and forth from California to Florida pulling a boat or trailer. It is very comfortable and has plenty of power for my needs. I would recommend this truck to anyone who is looking for one over the F-150. After 25,000 miles, it is still quiet inside without any rattles or creaks which is my biggest pet peave. the 2001 and prior models had way too many rattles and creaks from the doors and interior which they have completely corrected with the 2002+ model. My truck is a 5 speed manual trans and I would definately buy another Ram but with an automatic.

Favorite Features

The fold down center console/seat/armrest. Fold up back seat.

Suggested Improvements

a few 110 outlets would be a big help. A different design for the extra large fold out mirrors for pulling trailers would be good. I cannot get my truck in the garage without folding the mirrors in manually... or an auto fold in feature.

Dodge`s and nothing but
By DODGE4ever

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Beautiful truck!! A wonderful purchase! So much so That I just went and bought another Dodge Pickup (Hemi) after 35 years with General Motors products. There really is no comparison between the Dodge and Chevrolet. The Chevy`s that I have owned have rattled and clinked from the time I bought them and the Dodge`s have been sturdy. The Reliability between the 2 is also mismatched, The First Dodge has never seen a garage and has 65,000 miles on it in a very short time. The Silverado had seen the shop more times than fingers on both hands by this mileage. The looks are not even close.

Favorite Features

The Engine and interior

Suggested Improvements

NONE. I honestly mean that. I love everything about both of my Rams