2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
STOP complaining, get the right engine
By kasey on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is to everyone who is complaining about the under power of the 4.7. If you like to haul your fourwheeler around or carry a small trialer of fire wood to your house and still use the truck to drive 50 miles to work in style, then get the 4.7. But, if you want the most powerful V8 to do anything you want, get the 5.7 HEMI. Dodge did brag to much on the 4.7, it's not all what Dodge made it to be, but what they lacked in the 4.7 they made up with the 5.7. I like the Dodge engines range, you have one engine that will handle anything you need and want and another that is more conservitive but still competitive

Best Buy
By Cru-Fan on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I'm in love with this truck. My dealer experience was great but the truck in general is just the best. It rides like a car and works like a semi. Much better than the last generation of Rams. My Silverado 2500 edges it out capability wise but then again this is a 1500 and can't be compared. In another year or two when I go to trade the Silverado in, I think I'm going to go with the Heavy Duty Ram.

windows leak
By gravano on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

great truck for the money, purchased a 2003 with auto, bed liner ,split rear window for only 15400

The Mayor of Truckville
By Alireza on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck I sit up nice and high and before we bought any other truck we shopped around and I loved this one more than the ford and chevy plus it well worth the money

My Dodge Ram
By Crailey01 on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I think Dodge has built a very solid vehicle with one so far. I have had mine for around a month now and have already put 1600 miles on it. I took it out in the first blizzard of the season last week and nothing slowed this vehicle down. I only have the 2WD model with the anti-slip differential and got around as well as a 4WD did. I loaded the bed down with firewood and took it out of Overdrive and went on about my business as if the roads were clear.

New Ram Rocks
By Ram Driver on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have both the F-150 and the new Ram 1500. I must say I ride a lot more smoother on the Ram. The design is awesome. My first impression was like "wow, I got to have that" and I'm glad I do. I was impressed with the interior. At 6' 3" and pretty hefty, the extra room sure comes in handy. Over all I love my truck from the design to the 20 inch rims to the interior, but I do wish for a little better gas mileage and more horsepower.

My New Baby
By mbFla on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Dodge truck I have owned but the first Ram. So far the entire family just loves the Quad cab. Looks great, runs great and is a fun truck to drive. We traded in our family car for this Quad-Ram.

Dodge Makes Cheap Trucks
By jtscards on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dodge Ram is a great looking truck, but performance wise, it falls short. The 4.7L V8 (235 HP) and the 5.9L V8 (240 HP) are both very underpowered. This truck is sluggish. The transmission is not smooth. The interior is cheaply made and the seat feel like a cardboard coated steel. My entire dash cluster went out at 7K and a LOUND engine squeak noise would not go away after six trips to the dealer. The four full doors are nice, but the rear seat is really not that roomy, when compared to an F250 Crew Cab. Main (+) is the looks of this truck. It is mean looking. Large bark, no bite here.

My Truck
By Aaron Riley on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I simply loved the styling of this vehicle. I'm 41 years old and buy new vehicles every couple of years. This is the first Dodge/Chrysler product I ever bought. But the bold styling captivated me immediately. I asked lots of other Previous Dodge owners their opinions before I made a final decision. Their comments were mostly positive with most thinking their previous model were a little clunky inside quality wise. I disagreed with this model after careful inspection,however would like to have a change holder and would like storage available in the center console.

Dodge Ram '03...Best yet
By BaldEagle4998 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This '03 Ram handles and drives several fold better than the '98 Ram I traded in. Best vehicle I've owned in years, excepting the '02 Vette, of course.