2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Love my new Quad Cab
By FIXINCRASHES on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

1st new vehicle purchase. Have been a Dodge fan for years. The interior and exterior styling of the new Dodge quad cab in my opinion is second to none. In comparison to the "compitition" the dodge has a slightly firmer ride like a truck should be. The steering is very responsive due to the vehicles new rack & pinion steering. Body roll is barely noticeable. Interior noise level is very quite. The sound of my 4.7 stock exhaust is just right, not to loud or to quite. The Dodge Quad may be a bit difficult to access for us shorter people.The addition of nerf bars added style and made easier access possible.

Good Truck
By Nicetruck on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We love this truck. My first American purchase, always read consumer reports and they still reccomend the Tundra; however I took my 15 year old son and put him in the back seat and his knees were in his chin. Glad I took my kids with me, to look instead of just listening to consumer reports. Took 3 surfboards, 6 bicycles and 6 people with luggage comfortably and got 18.2 miles to the gallon on the freeway. What more can you ask for? On top of that the dealership treats you like King for the Day, I sold my Toyota Previa to purchase this Utilitarian vehicle and it was the best decision I ever made. Dodge gives you 7 years on the warranty.

2003 Ram 1500 Dodge Hemi 4x4 SLT 345 pny
By kdose on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

POWER! and fun to drive. The sound of the 345 horse power 375 ft-lb torque is awesome! The sound of the exhaust is enough to make you turn the radio down and listen! It is extremely comfortable and very fun to drive. I optioned for the 20" alloy wheels and would recommend them! I had a 2001 Dodge Dakota and traded it in for the Ram 1500 Hemi. My Ram out corners it and coupled with the power is a joy to drive. Over all the truck feels solid. I haven't had it long enough to experience long term wear, but I can say right know it is SOLID! Thanks Dodge for bring the HEMI back!

Wonderful vehicle
By ordinator on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is heads & shoulders above the truck they built just a few years ago. What many people say is "I like those Dodges with the new front end." Son, it's MUCH more than just a new front end. I had a 2001 model and this is a WHOLE NEW TRUCK! Nothing is the same. Well, I think the Ram emblem on the front is the same...wait no they improved on it too!

Got the HEMI
By ajsmith on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Edmunds needs to update the choices for engines, I have a 1500 QC Hemi and love it. I purchsed it with the sport appearance package and it looks the part of a BA truck. So far I have put a little over 3000 miles on it and it seems to be breaking in well. The ride is great, it handles like a car and sits very high with the 265's on it. I installed nerf bars, bed liner and a K&N filter so far and plan to put a Flowmaster system on it to increase the rumble. I would suggest the Hemi for more power over the other engine choices, my mileage is up to 17 on the highway and drops to 12 in the city, unless I start driving like a teenager wwhich happens regularly.

4th Ram and lovin it
By conrad sivek on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Iv'e tried other branfs and come back to Dodge - because of the styling and build. I like the convenience of the four doors - waited for that one.

Best Yet...
By BaldEagle4998 on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 4th P/U truck I've owned...three Dodges, and one Ford. It is by far the most comfortable and fun to drive one yet. I really like the 5- speed manual...it's the first standard transmission I've had in years. Of course, I added dual exhaust and a Magnaflow muffler...the 4.7 sounds great, but not over-bearing, and 325 50/20 Toyo tires. This gives it a "mean" stance. The Dodge, in my opinion, is the best looking P/U of all.

GOOD TRUCK
By NATE on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I HAVE REG. CAB WITH THE V-8 AND IT RUNS GREAT. I HAVE HAD THE TRUCK FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS NOW AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS SO FAR. BY THE WAY, THIS IS MY FIRST TRUCK AND MY FIRST DODGE.

Not your Daddy's Dodge
By Fordman no mo on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Have only put about 1500 miles on my new truck so the honeymoon's still on. Love the way it handles for a big vehicle. Has all the amenities of a luxury car and feels like it! The only problem with the ride I found was a back end bounce on certain stretches of road at high speed. But I when I have some weight in the cargo bed the bounce goes away. The 4.7 V8 is enough power for my purposes. I am getting about 14mpg in gas mileage around town. It could be better but that's the price you pay for owning a big truck I guess. I think my wife likes the truck as much as I do. I get compliments about its appearance all the time.

Dodge has got it Down Right
By MIke127 on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Dodge Boys have out done themselves this Time ! Dash is straight forward no bells & whistles you do not need. Straight Forward TRUCK ,4.7 provides plenty of power teamed with the 5 speed automatic you wont be sorry you bought this one.