Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Not bad, not great
By RamTHIS03

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I agree with anyone that says the V6 is underpowered. If I were to do it over again, and have more money, I'd buy the Hemi version. The 6 is grossly underpowered. All in all, good daily driver, but for an enthusiast, it makes for a pretty boring truck. If only I had gotten the V8, I might be having more fun.

The looks. Can't beat the look of the new Rams. Very comfortable ride too.

Don't even offer the V6 in this truck, it takes away so much from the driving fun. Keep the 6's in the Dakota if you have to keep them in a truck at all.

Rough & ready
By Todd

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have put almost 50,000 miles on my truck in just over 3 years. I bought it not only as a commute vehicle, but to use it as a truck also. I haul things in the bed on a regular basis. I have even used it off road. I have never had even one problem with it. It performs well on and offroad. The only negative thing I can say is the mpg is not good. I average about 15 miles per gallon. Although, I knew that going into my purchase. That was going to be a sacrifice in order to get the interior room, the hauling and towing abilities, and the engine performance I needed. Overall, I could not be happier with it.

The Sharpest Truck on the Road
By David Airhart

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had other makes and models of trucks but none compare to the Dodge Ram 1500 I now own. It is more like a luxury car, (I have the Laramie) but will do the work of a truck. My wife enjoys it as much as I do. It not only rides smooth, runs great, and handles easily but it looks better than the other trucks I have seen on the road. My wife loves the dual control on the air-conditionong and the heat. We both stay comfortable and enjoy the ride. I cannot say enough good about the integrity of this truck. I will never purchase another truck that is not a dodge.

The loading platform inside the cab when the back seat folds up. The heated front seats. The dual temperature controls for the driver and the passenger.

None I can think of except better gas mileage.

'03 Ram Pickup
By Rich

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a good truck, had the front rotors replaced at 10,000 miles, rear differential replaced at 63,000 miles. Fuel economy in town is HORRIBLE. Highway economy is acceptable but still not great even for a full size pickup with a V8. To do it over again I would probably pick the 5.7 Hemi over this trucks 4.7 standard V8.

Nice electronic 5 speed automatic transmission. Base CD sound system is good for factory. Throttle response is very good for a truck with under 275 HP.

Cheap bearing apparently used in rear end, suggest higher quality bearing or full synthetic fluid fill at factory. Front rotors warp easilly, suggest better quality or slotted/drilled design.

Great Truck So Far
By mpratt

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this truck used with 39,000 miles on it. Own a small horse farm in North Carolina. I use it for that and driving to work. So far, a very reliable truck. It drives much smoother than you would expect from a full size pickup. The cab room is great for a regular cab and is very comfortable. Engine is smooth and I love the "growl" the exhaust puts out. Power and mileage could be better, but are not that bad. It does what I need it to do when I need it. Overall, I'm very pleased with it so far. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off, which should be quite a long time!

Exterior styling, smooth ride, nice roomy interior, dash layout, A/C that will freeze you on even the hottest days, 4 wheel drive works flawlessly. Basic stereo sounds great.

A little more torque and power would make it a 10!