2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Disappointment
By sae185628 on 10/06/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is one of those vehicles I looked forward into purchasing. However, at 3,000 miles, the rotors started warping and the brakes had to be replaced. This occurred every 3,000 miles, take it in for an oil change and get the brakes gone through. I did this six times before I traded off the truck with 18,000 miles on it.

2003 Dodge 1500
By SteveO on 07/24/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of this vehicle, I have only had it for one year now, but this has got to be the best truck I have ever had. I was a little skeptical to buy a used vehicle of any kind with over 50,000 miles on it, but knock on wood the truck has been great. I have upgraded the exterior with a ton of chrome, the design of this truck makes it easy to go a little over board with accessories. I bought some 20" wheels for it just two months ago, upgrade I ever made to it, looks great. I would recommend a Dodge to anyone. The truck was a virgin to pulling anything, never pulled more than it's own weight till just 2 weeks ago, had to load a 1994 Ford Ranger on a car hauler, pulled great.

03 Dodge Ram
By Bill Kober on 07/14/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle, reliable, handles well. The lack of fuel economy 11 mpg around town, 13-14 on highway, with small V-8 is a major problem.

Long live the hemi
By rick on 05/20/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck, reliable, i have 123000 on it runs like it did with 23,000 on it. My only issue is with gas prices I cant afford to drive it daily anymore. Good in the snow, great on highway when you need to practice road rage!!

Forever Dodge
By Gary on 05/18/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my RAM new with 2 miles on it. 95,000 miles later, it's running better than the day I bought it. The 4.7 with an Airaid intake and a performance muffler, it delivers 24 miles to the gallon and has never missed a beat. It hauls, tows, and goes and continues to beg for more! My only complaint is that it eats its breaks every 30,000 mile or so, but it's a small price to pay for its comfort, reliability, and performance. This is easily a 300,000 plus mile truck and I have no doubt that it will never disappoint me.

I Love this "THUNDER ROAD" HEMI!
By Keith K. on 04/28/08 10:48 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought her on pure looks alone, while our 2003 Grand Cherokee was in the shop again! Looks, Power and comfort my husband only drives it when it needs to be washed! A few issues though. Needed a new Transmission at 900 miles! Found to be a machining problem internally. Dodge replace it with a new one (Warranty). Also the clear coat on the rims and the aluminum fuel door falling off and corroding after 2 years. Dodge also replaced under warranty. Unfortunately they are doing it again. I average about 11 MPG.

Just my lil ol truck
By Mark on 03/26/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Texan Cadillac - love my truck, as most do. Ton of power, but rarely misses a gas station. Ride is smooth, especially for a full size truck. Very comfortable inside, and roomy to boot. Most of the amenities are there, but pretty simple controls (which is fine, so you don't have to have a PhD to figure out how to program/find what you're looking for). One odd, recurring problem with an Oxygen sensor, but after the first "failed", Dodge has been great about replacing at no charge - just a hassle (and, as I've found out, not really a big deal unless you have to pass emission inspections regularly). Body/frame still in excellent shape, mechanically solid after 5 yrs, 27k miles.

Oh, my HEMI!
By askibum02 on 01/30/08 22:13 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd pickup, but the first one I bought for the actual utility a pickup afforded. I bought the truck to tow a boat. After much searching and deliberation I settled on the Dodge Hemi. It's looks are still to this date, incredible, and the HEMI, oh, the HEMI. I still get a tingle when I start the truck and it roars to life. The towing unfortunately was mediocre at best, though I am towing pretty close to it's rated 8600# capacity. As far as non towing and hauling it's incredible. My only real complaint would have to be the fuel mileage. I average about 11.5mg now. That kinda hurts the wallet, especially considering gas prices these days.

Just get the Hemi
By vinny 74 on 09/15/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is good to do what I need. Towing a 4100 lb travel trailer,atv and many loads of sand, gravel and dirt for many landscaping projects. I get 15city/19hwy real world driving with the 4.7l v8 235hp/300lbs torque. now a friend with and identical 1500 ram with 5.7l Hemi gets a real world 12 city 15 highway mpg. Now that said for about five more dollars per fill up his Hemi Ram made circles around the 4.7l in towing and just highway cruising simply put it's like comparing a Viper versus a Neon just no comparison so if you got an extra 20 dollars a month in fuel (my driving habits) just get the Hemi you will not regret it.

Outstanding Truck
By mattlayy on 08/05/07 06:20 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned Ford and Chevy truck and wasn't sure about Dodge when I got it but must say I am totally satisfied after owing it for over 3 years. It is by far better in every way than the other truck I've own in the past 40 years. So, I just bought a brand new Dodge Ram and will sell this one to my nephew.