2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Got the HEMI
By ajsmith

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Edmunds needs to update the choices for engines, I have a 1500 QC Hemi and love it. I purchsed it with the sport appearance package and it looks the part of a BA truck. So far I have put a little over 3000 miles on it and it seems to be breaking in well. The ride is great, it handles like a car and sits very high with the 265's on it. I installed nerf bars, bed liner and a K&N filter so far and plan to put a Flowmaster system on it to increase the rumble. I would suggest the Hemi for more power over the other engine choices, my mileage is up to 17 on the highway and drops to 12 in the city, unless I start driving like a teenager wwhich happens regularly.

Favorite Features

The Hemi, look and overall power of this truck

Suggested Improvements

Offer a 5 speed with the Hemi 1500

4th Ram and lovin it
By conrad sivek

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Iv'e tried other branfs and come back to Dodge - because of the styling and build. I like the convenience of the four doors - waited for that one.

Favorite Features

Love the center storage and cup holders - the Infinity sound system is more than adequate now it has more umpf than in the past

Suggested Improvements

Don't change this one for at least 3 more years - my wife will kill me if I get another one sooner than that

Not your Daddy's Dodge
By Fordman no mo

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Have only put about 1500 miles on my new truck so the honeymoon's still on. Love the way it handles for a big vehicle. Has all the amenities of a luxury car and feels like it! The only problem with the ride I found was a back end bounce on certain stretches of road at high speed. But I when I have some weight in the cargo bed the bounce goes away. The 4.7 V8 is enough power for my purposes. I am getting about 14mpg in gas mileage around town. It could be better but that's the price you pay for owning a big truck I guess. I think my wife likes the truck as much as I do. I get compliments about its appearance all the time.

Favorite Features

Roomy and comfortable interior and stylish body.

Suggested Improvements

Make the cab a little more sound proof and lessen the back end bounce

STOP complaining, get the right engine
By kasey

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is to everyone who is complaining about the under power of the 4.7. If you like to haul your fourwheeler around or carry a small trialer of fire wood to your house and still use the truck to drive 50 miles to work in style, then get the 4.7. But, if you want the most powerful V8 to do anything you want, get the 5.7 HEMI. Dodge did brag to much on the 4.7, it's not all what Dodge made it to be, but what they lacked in the 4.7 they made up with the 5.7. I like the Dodge engines range, you have one engine that will handle anything you need and want and another that is more conservitive but still competitive

Favorite Features

5.7 hemi,very roomy interior,and very nice looking with the 20"

Suggested Improvements

lower the prices, need a commercial with the Dodge jerking around a chevy and ford of equal value

The Mayor of Truckville
By Alireza

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck I sit up nice and high and before we bought any other truck we shopped around and I loved this one more than the ford and chevy plus it well worth the money

Favorite Features

The Big Grill and Loud engine

Suggested Improvements

Have more standard features

My Dodge Ram
By Crailey01

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I think Dodge has built a very solid vehicle with one so far. I have had mine for around a month now and have already put 1600 miles on it. I took it out in the first blizzard of the season last week and nothing slowed this vehicle down. I only have the 2WD model with the anti-slip differential and got around as well as a 4WD did. I loaded the bed down with firewood and took it out of Overdrive and went on about my business as if the roads were clear.

Favorite Features

Four Real doors. Large wheels and tires. Rugged interior and exterior components. Peppy little 4.7L engine that sounds great. Windshield wipers and fog lights work great.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I could suggest at this time would be to make 4 wheel ABS standard and improving fuel economy. I do wish I would've waited an extra month or two and got the 5.7L Hemi.

New Ram Rocks
By Ram Driver

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have both the F-150 and the new Ram 1500. I must say I ride a lot more smoother on the Ram. The design is awesome. My first impression was like "wow, I got to have that" and I'm glad I do. I was impressed with the interior. At 6' 3" and pretty hefty, the extra room sure comes in handy. Over all I love my truck from the design to the 20 inch rims to the interior, but I do wish for a little better gas mileage and more horsepower.

Favorite Features

1. Babe magnet... 2. Exterior Design...3. Interior gives you more room for what ever the occasion

Suggested Improvements

More horse power and higher torque....Better gas mileage

My New Baby
By mbFla

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Dodge truck I have owned but the first Ram. So far the entire family just loves the Quad cab. Looks great, runs great and is a fun truck to drive. We traded in our family car for this Quad-Ram.

Favorite Features

So far the thing I like the most is power drivers seat. Then I would have to say the over-head consol; which has more features that I thought.

Suggested Improvements

A few more storage compartments would be nice.

Dodge Makes Cheap Trucks
By jtscards

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dodge Ram is a great looking truck, but performance wise, it falls short. The 4.7L V8 (235 HP) and the 5.9L V8 (240 HP) are both very underpowered. This truck is sluggish. The transmission is not smooth. The interior is cheaply made and the seat feel like a cardboard coated steel. My entire dash cluster went out at 7K and a LOUND engine squeak noise would not go away after six trips to the dealer. The four full doors are nice, but the rear seat is really not that roomy, when compared to an F250 Crew Cab. Main (+) is the looks of this truck. It is mean looking. Large bark, no bite here.

Favorite Features

The Truck looked suite. Standard features are great, but electronics are cheap.

Suggested Improvements

More Power, Better Gas Mileage, Better Initial Build Quality and Reliability

Ram It
By MassProd

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this mainly for work and travel, but needed something to put the kids in too. The interior features had a lot to do with the purchase. The room in this truck is second to none. Styling is great. It just feels solid and well built. The engine provides enough power and doesn't feel overworked. Handling is phenominal. With 4,000 miles already, I've had no problems and am happy with the purchase.

Favorite Features

Styling, Roominess, Handling, and the truck just feels like it is of better quality than any other truck in it's class.

Suggested Improvements

Wish Dodge would offer a step-side version. I like that look a little better, but I can't complain.