2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Got the HEMI
By ajsmith on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Edmunds needs to update the choices for engines, I have a 1500 QC Hemi and love it. I purchsed it with the sport appearance package and it looks the part of a BA truck. So far I have put a little over 3000 miles on it and it seems to be breaking in well. The ride is great, it handles like a car and sits very high with the 265's on it. I installed nerf bars, bed liner and a K&N filter so far and plan to put a Flowmaster system on it to increase the rumble. I would suggest the Hemi for more power over the other engine choices, my mileage is up to 17 on the highway and drops to 12 in the city, unless I start driving like a teenager wwhich happens regularly.

4th Ram and lovin it
By conrad sivek on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Iv'e tried other branfs and come back to Dodge - because of the styling and build. I like the convenience of the four doors - waited for that one.

Not your Daddy's Dodge
By Fordman no mo on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Have only put about 1500 miles on my new truck so the honeymoon's still on. Love the way it handles for a big vehicle. Has all the amenities of a luxury car and feels like it! The only problem with the ride I found was a back end bounce on certain stretches of road at high speed. But I when I have some weight in the cargo bed the bounce goes away. The 4.7 V8 is enough power for my purposes. I am getting about 14mpg in gas mileage around town. It could be better but that's the price you pay for owning a big truck I guess. I think my wife likes the truck as much as I do. I get compliments about its appearance all the time.

STOP complaining, get the right engine
By kasey on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is to everyone who is complaining about the under power of the 4.7. If you like to haul your fourwheeler around or carry a small trialer of fire wood to your house and still use the truck to drive 50 miles to work in style, then get the 4.7. But, if you want the most powerful V8 to do anything you want, get the 5.7 HEMI. Dodge did brag to much on the 4.7, it's not all what Dodge made it to be, but what they lacked in the 4.7 they made up with the 5.7. I like the Dodge engines range, you have one engine that will handle anything you need and want and another that is more conservitive but still competitive

The Mayor of Truckville
By Alireza on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck I sit up nice and high and before we bought any other truck we shopped around and I loved this one more than the ford and chevy plus it well worth the money

My Dodge Ram
By Crailey01 on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I think Dodge has built a very solid vehicle with one so far. I have had mine for around a month now and have already put 1600 miles on it. I took it out in the first blizzard of the season last week and nothing slowed this vehicle down. I only have the 2WD model with the anti-slip differential and got around as well as a 4WD did. I loaded the bed down with firewood and took it out of Overdrive and went on about my business as if the roads were clear.

New Ram Rocks
By Ram Driver on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have both the F-150 and the new Ram 1500. I must say I ride a lot more smoother on the Ram. The design is awesome. My first impression was like "wow, I got to have that" and I'm glad I do. I was impressed with the interior. At 6' 3" and pretty hefty, the extra room sure comes in handy. Over all I love my truck from the design to the 20 inch rims to the interior, but I do wish for a little better gas mileage and more horsepower.

My New Baby
By mbFla on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Dodge truck I have owned but the first Ram. So far the entire family just loves the Quad cab. Looks great, runs great and is a fun truck to drive. We traded in our family car for this Quad-Ram.

Dodge Makes Cheap Trucks
By jtscards on 12/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dodge Ram is a great looking truck, but performance wise, it falls short. The 4.7L V8 (235 HP) and the 5.9L V8 (240 HP) are both very underpowered. This truck is sluggish. The transmission is not smooth. The interior is cheaply made and the seat feel like a cardboard coated steel. My entire dash cluster went out at 7K and a LOUND engine squeak noise would not go away after six trips to the dealer. The four full doors are nice, but the rear seat is really not that roomy, when compared to an F250 Crew Cab. Main (+) is the looks of this truck. It is mean looking. Large bark, no bite here.

Ram It
By MassProd on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this mainly for work and travel, but needed something to put the kids in too. The interior features had a lot to do with the purchase. The room in this truck is second to none. Styling is great. It just feels solid and well built. The engine provides enough power and doesn't feel overworked. Handling is phenominal. With 4,000 miles already, I've had no problems and am happy with the purchase.