Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2003 Hemi Ram
By CJ Boa

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I was affraid that the HP would be lost in this tank, but I was wrong. This truck can walk circles around my old Dakota R/T and about anything else on the road today

Favorite Features

HEMI.... (345 HP stock right out of the box)

Suggested Improvements

Remove the computer that tells you the MPG, it will scare you how low the numbers go.

Great Truck
By sgahemi

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned late models Chevy and Ford pick ups and this Hemi Lariat has been the tightest built to date. The bed doesn't shake over railroad tracks, the steering feel is good and it tracks true. Heated seats are nice on cold days and the HVAC system works well in all weather. This truck has great acceleration with the Hemi and the sound of the exhaust reminds me of the late 60s. This is not a perfect truck, but I don't regret my choice of the Dodge. I have had no problems, either mechanical or otherwise so far. The looks are awsome and you have a commanding view of everything around you.

Favorite Features

The Hemi engine. I wanted a Hemi and it continues to amaze it. The 20 inch wheels make this the best handling of the big trucks. I enjoy driving this truck.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo systems, directional indicators in the mirrors, reverse sensors in the bumper and HID headlights. The tailgate is heavy and cumbersome to open and close. An automatic dual zone climate system and auto lights.

My New Dodge
By toobad

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have only had this truck a couple of months but I love it. The 4.7 engine is ok. I love the ride hight and the looks of the truck. I drove the Ford and Chevy also but the Dodge is better looking and had more interior room. Also the best value.

Favorite Features

I love the four doors,exterior design is great, the drink holder can hold the biggest of drinks.

Suggested Improvements

I think there should be some back lighting on the cruise control, also some sort of light on the cup holder (hard to see where to put the coffee early in the morning)

03 Ram 1500
By scotfree

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Abosolutely love this truck. Bought in July 03 incentives were great!! Prviously owned 2000 Dakota wnt looking for another one and wound up with my Ram. The ride, room, and styling blew me away.

Favorite Features

color (dark garnet/silver), interior room, overall styling and power under the hood. Did not need the Hemi,althugh would have been nice just not practical when doing 50/50 city/ highway driving.

Suggested Improvements

NONE!!!!

Wheel Fell Off
By Unhappy Customer

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I thought the highway gas mileage at 11 mpg was the worst part of this 4x4 truck until the rear tire broke off the axle while trying to drive over a 6" curb. Then Dodge refused to warranty the vehicle and charge me $3400 to repair the axle. Needless to say, I will never buy a Chrysler product again. My 2002 FORD F350 is a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

The inside features are very well laid out. The body style is attractive. Too bad the vehicle is poorly built and Dodge does not support it's cutomers!

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to support it's customers and build a truck a better truck.