2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
best truck on the road
By itibbs on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my second Ram, I got one in 2002 that was a regular cab and now couldn't help myself and broke down and got an 03 quad cab. I love it, and I will never go back to Chevy or Ford! The handling is superb for something so large, and the interior is spacious, while the exterior is bold and stylish. My Red Ram gets more attention than any other truck, and I love it!

Great Truck
By tdhart on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We bought new in Jul 02, Have 30k miles on it now and except for a instrument light bulb that has burned out, we have had no issues whatever with this vehicle. The truck is extremely comfortable to drive and the back seat, while not adjustable, is moderately comfortable for adults of average size. The truck drives and handles very well, more like a car than a truck. We tow a 24 Foot travel trailer with it and have had no problems doing so.

Love it, but can't pass a gas station...
By johnaf on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had this truck for a year and put just over 13,000 miles on it. It does everything I need it to do very well, hauling family as well as construction materials musical equipment. I wish it got advertised gas mileage. I drive it like an old lady (my wife even hates riding with me or following me) and it still averages 12-13 mpg in a 50/50 city/hwy setting. And I am the guy doing 53mph down the highway (and rolling through stop signs)...

Donnie's Dodge Ram
By dtilghman on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Having 2 adults (including me) and two kids (one in a car seat), to tow around, this is a very roomy and comfortable vehicle. The different engine options and colors availble make for an easy pick. The one negative is the fuel milage but please note that it is no different than anyother 4 door full size truck.

DODGE RAM 1500 QC SLT 5.7LTR "HEMI"
By Jon Elder on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

BEAUTIFUL TRUCK,ALOT OF LOOKS,PLENTY OF POWER,WHEN DRIVING OVER BAD PAVEMENT AT NORMAL RATE OF SPEED, TRUCK REAR-END WILL MOVE QUITE A BIT. POSSIBLE CAUSE IS 20 INCH TIRES.ALSO EXPERIENCING HESITATION IN TRANSMISSION FROM PARK TO DRIVE. SORT OF JUMPS. ALSO MY EXPERIENCE THAT TRUCK TAKES A WHILE TO SETTLE DOWN TO NORMAL OPERATING IDLE. POSSIBLE CAUSE, TORNADO FUEL SAVER INSTALLED.?

Never thought I'd buy a Dodge, but......
By xspecht on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I just ordered the 2003 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Short Bed, and must say that I am impressed with this truck. It rides better than the full size SUV's, but the best part is that it isn't a SUV! I had looked at the Toyota Tundra, and liked the truck, but the back seat is only big enough for a five year old. After I drove one I was sold. It is head and shoulders above F- 150 and Silverado as far as style and power. The 5.7L Hemi is an awesome engine (345 HP). I had never really considered Dodge, but after driving the Ram 1500 Hemi, I was able to talk my fiancee out of wanting to get a full size SUV.

Love my new Quad Cab
By FIXINCRASHES on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

1st new vehicle purchase. Have been a Dodge fan for years. The interior and exterior styling of the new Dodge quad cab in my opinion is second to none. In comparison to the "compitition" the dodge has a slightly firmer ride like a truck should be. The steering is very responsive due to the vehicles new rack & pinion steering. Body roll is barely noticeable. Interior noise level is very quite. The sound of my 4.7 stock exhaust is just right, not to loud or to quite. The Dodge Quad may be a bit difficult to access for us shorter people.The addition of nerf bars added style and made easier access possible.

Good Truck
By Nicetruck on 02/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We love this truck. My first American purchase, always read consumer reports and they still reccomend the Tundra; however I took my 15 year old son and put him in the back seat and his knees were in his chin. Glad I took my kids with me, to look instead of just listening to consumer reports. Took 3 surfboards, 6 bicycles and 6 people with luggage comfortably and got 18.2 miles to the gallon on the freeway. What more can you ask for? On top of that the dealership treats you like King for the Day, I sold my Toyota Previa to purchase this Utilitarian vehicle and it was the best decision I ever made. Dodge gives you 7 years on the warranty.

2003 Ram 1500 Dodge Hemi 4x4 SLT 345 pny
By kdose on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

POWER! and fun to drive. The sound of the 345 horse power 375 ft-lb torque is awesome! The sound of the exhaust is enough to make you turn the radio down and listen! It is extremely comfortable and very fun to drive. I optioned for the 20" alloy wheels and would recommend them! I had a 2001 Dodge Dakota and traded it in for the Ram 1500 Hemi. My Ram out corners it and coupled with the power is a joy to drive. Over all the truck feels solid. I haven't had it long enough to experience long term wear, but I can say right know it is SOLID! Thanks Dodge for bring the HEMI back!

Wonderful vehicle
By ordinator on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is heads & shoulders above the truck they built just a few years ago. What many people say is "I like those Dodges with the new front end." Son, it's MUCH more than just a new front end. I had a 2001 model and this is a WHOLE NEW TRUCK! Nothing is the same. Well, I think the Ram emblem on the front is the same...wait no they improved on it too!