Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Solid Truck
By Ed

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Performance: Given it's hefty 4572 lbs curb weight, the 4.7L (240 hp) V-8 gets the job done. Acceleration off the line is excellent and at around 4000 rpm's you really feel the torque (300 ft lbs) planting you in the seat. Comfort: Unbelievably spacious. Behind the seats is enough room for ten grocery bags. No matter how tall you are, there will be plenty of leg room. Build Quality: Can't tell you, I've only driven the truck for about 300 miles at this point. More to follow. You feel like King of the Road when driving this truck and it looks way better than a Silverado or F-150!

Appearance and performance.

Cup holder and ashtray set up needs to be more sturdy. They both feel like they will break with one wrong move...flimsy!

The Sharpest Truck on the Road
By David Airhart

I have had other makes and models of trucks but none compare to the Dodge Ram 1500 I now own. It is more like a luxury car, (I have the Laramie) but will do the work of a truck. My wife enjoys it as much as I do. It not only rides smooth, runs great, and handles easily but it looks better than the other trucks I have seen on the road. My wife loves the dual control on the air-conditionong and the heat. We both stay comfortable and enjoy the ride. I cannot say enough good about the integrity of this truck. I will never purchase another truck that is not a dodge.

The loading platform inside the cab when the back seat folds up. The heated front seats. The dual temperature controls for the driver and the passenger.

None I can think of except better gas mileage.

Good truck
By mike

This is a nice truck. The interior is well planned, and it has decent storage behind the seats (unlike Chevy or Ford). The ride is smooth, and the power is good. No mechanical problems at all so far. Mileage is averaging about 17mph combo. Not great, but not as bad as some I've heard about. This is my first truck, and I plan on driving it for several years.

Interior design

A little better mileage would be nice, but it is a truck so I wasn't expecting much.

my hemi
By tinkydonovan

this truck is not only good looking it does everything you could ask of a high performing hard towing truck

the whole truck

cant think of any

Great Ram
By 70bee

No problems-so far so good.