Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

[non-permissible content removed]
By Ronald Kolman

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I don't know about the other engine's but 3.7 v6 sucks i have 138,000 on truck when all of a sudden top of engine starts knocking . junk.

Are you serious
By Keith Lewis

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2003 RAM 1500 quad cab with the 5.9 and 4wd 5 years ago. Other than my 94 Ford exploder this truck has possibly been the worst automotive purchase I have ever made.
Engine problems, heads corroded, leaked, and needed replacing. Wont start when it rains even after replacing the distributer cap. Transmission has lost reverse. Power windows constantly come off the tracks. Heat is minimal. Cruze doesn't work. Air doesn't work. Wheels rusted through which caused over 12 flats in the 5 years and body rust. Power steering died. This truck should be an embarrassment for Dodge more than it is for me.

Solid Truck
By Ed

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Performance: Given it's hefty 4572 lbs curb weight, the 4.7L (240 hp) V-8 gets the job done. Acceleration off the line is excellent and at around 4000 rpm's you really feel the torque (300 ft lbs) planting you in the seat. Comfort: Unbelievably spacious. Behind the seats is enough room for ten grocery bags. No matter how tall you are, there will be plenty of leg room. Build Quality: Can't tell you, I've only driven the truck for about 300 miles at this point. More to follow. You feel like King of the Road when driving this truck and it looks way better than a Silverado or F-150!

Appearance and performance.

Cup holder and ashtray set up needs to be more sturdy. They both feel like they will break with one wrong move...flimsy!

Good Old Blue
By bean

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck about a year ago and I love it! I have not really had any problems from my truck. My wife tells me it is my grandpa truck. Its got the complete chrome package. I love it!

Rides like a Cadi! Slick exterior design. Hauling ability.

Don't really have any as of now!

Bad juju
By Frank

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck. Good power with the 4.7. Has the power and the looks, but its a gasaholic

Power, ride quality, interior