2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Solid Truck
By Ed on 01/30/10 17:52 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Performance: Given it's hefty 4572 lbs curb weight, the 4.7L (240 hp) V-8 gets the job done. Acceleration off the line is excellent and at around 4000 rpm's you really feel the torque (300 ft lbs) planting you in the seat. Comfort: Unbelievably spacious. Behind the seats is enough room for ten grocery bags. No matter how tall you are, there will be plenty of leg room. Build Quality: Can't tell you, I've only driven the truck for about 300 miles at this point. More to follow. You feel like King of the Road when driving this truck and it looks way better than a Silverado or F-150!

Good Old Blue
By bean on 04/13/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck about a year ago and I love it! I have not really had any problems from my truck. My wife tells me it is my grandpa truck. Its got the complete chrome package. I love it!

Bad juju
By Frank on 05/03/08 01:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck. Good power with the 4.7. Has the power and the looks, but its a gasaholic

Not bad, not great
By RamTHIS03 on 04/19/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I agree with anyone that says the V6 is underpowered. If I were to do it over again, and have more money, I'd buy the Hemi version. The 6 is grossly underpowered. All in all, good daily driver, but for an enthusiast, it makes for a pretty boring truck. If only I had gotten the V8, I might be having more fun.

Rough & ready
By Todd on 09/08/06 00:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have put almost 50,000 miles on my truck in just over 3 years. I bought it not only as a commute vehicle, but to use it as a truck also. I haul things in the bed on a regular basis. I have even used it off road. I have never had even one problem with it. It performs well on and offroad. The only negative thing I can say is the mpg is not good. I average about 15 miles per gallon. Although, I knew that going into my purchase. That was going to be a sacrifice in order to get the interior room, the hauling and towing abilities, and the engine performance I needed. Overall, I could not be happier with it.

The Sharpest Truck on the Road
By David Airhart on 04/08/06 00:14 AM (PDT)

I have had other makes and models of trucks but none compare to the Dodge Ram 1500 I now own. It is more like a luxury car, (I have the Laramie) but will do the work of a truck. My wife enjoys it as much as I do. It not only rides smooth, runs great, and handles easily but it looks better than the other trucks I have seen on the road. My wife loves the dual control on the air-conditionong and the heat. We both stay comfortable and enjoy the ride. I cannot say enough good about the integrity of this truck. I will never purchase another truck that is not a dodge.

'03 Ram Pickup
By Rich on 11/06/05 23:19 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a good truck, had the front rotors replaced at 10,000 miles, rear differential replaced at 63,000 miles. Fuel economy in town is HORRIBLE. Highway economy is acceptable but still not great even for a full size pickup with a V8. To do it over again I would probably pick the 5.7 Hemi over this trucks 4.7 standard V8.

Great Truck So Far
By mpratt on 07/21/05 05:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this truck used with 39,000 miles on it. Own a small horse farm in North Carolina. I use it for that and driving to work. So far, a very reliable truck. It drives much smoother than you would expect from a full size pickup. The cab room is great for a regular cab and is very comfortable. Engine is smooth and I love the "growl" the exhaust puts out. Power and mileage could be better, but are not that bad. It does what I need it to do when I need it. Overall, I'm very pleased with it so far. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off, which should be quite a long time!

Good truck
By mike on 06/13/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

This is a nice truck. The interior is well planned, and it has decent storage behind the seats (unlike Chevy or Ford). The ride is smooth, and the power is good. No mechanical problems at all so far. Mileage is averaging about 17mph combo. Not great, but not as bad as some I've heard about. This is my first truck, and I plan on driving it for several years.

Cool ride!!
By Cool Ride!! on 11/16/04 23:21 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. The gas mileage could be better, but I knew this when I bought it. The V6 is not quite big enough for this truck, but it is acceptable. I don't haul big loads nor pull anything. It handles very well. For a truck this size, the turn pattern is tight. This truck has not given me a minutes problem and I would recommend you get one. I've had mine 2 years and still love driving it. I think I'll run to the store.

1 2 3 4 5 next »