Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Powerful truck, excellent engine, great interior, but there are some things that could change
By loveswedcars25

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have been driving this truck for the past three and half months, and all in all, I have to say this is a great truck. The interior is very well built and very comfortable. The exterior is very beautifully built, the truck looks very elegant yet powerful. It can fit in anywhere from the farm to the streets. The stock exhaust note has a very low rumble to it. The truck has a powerful out put when you need it to, but won't scare you senseless when you don't. The gas mileage isn't great, but its a full sized pickup, what do you expect? The only downfall to the entire truck is the transmission. I'd recommend this truck to anyone who is willing to pay the gas and looking for a lot of room.

Favorite Features

Interior, exterior design, radio, dash size, storage compartments, powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

a better built transmission

So happy, we are on our 3rd Ram
By sugabutt

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We had a 2003 Ram single cab, and we were in an accident. My 1 year old was in a rear-facing car seat in the middle, with me and my husband on each side. We all survived without a scratch. The other minivan was totaled. They tried to repair our truck but the sorry repair shop didn't fix it right, so it ended up being totaled. So, we bought the exact same truck, but a Quad cab. Feels very safe in the truck. We have about 150,000 miles on her, and no problems with the engine or tranny. We did have to replace the radiator, heater core, and ball joints, but other then that it hasn't given us any problems. We are selling it now, cause we just got an '09 Ram. Very happy with all 3 of them

Favorite Features

Interior space, Feels nice and big and safe inside. Love the front end.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By sporky

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I was pleasantly surprised after owning this vehicle for 8 years that I've had fewer problems than any other car I've owned in my 30+ years of driving. I replaced the alternator as a precaution because a bearing was making noise. That's it. Rotors were changed out under warranty once, but other than that no problems. It is used as a work truck, with hard miles, but it still runs and looks like new. Well built truck. Very solid still. Bad gas mileage but all big trucks have this problem. Average 13 mixed, with a 1500 lb full time load. Great handling truck in my opinion. And I've owned 3 Porsches. Those with brake problems just install aftermarket rotors/pads and be done with it.

Favorite Features

Comfort, handling, Powerful Hemi engine. Good build quality and easy to work on. Cheap parts too.

Suggested Improvements

MPG, especially hwy could be better. Quieter cab. Thats about it.

Great Truck
By RReese

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We have had our pickup since it was brand new. It as nearly 165,000 miles on it and still runs great. I have had no major problems with it. The only things I've had to replace is the battery and the brakes. I put my first set up brake pads on when it had 150,000 miles on it. I would stick with the Hemi. Gas mileage isn't great, but you would expect that with a pickup. I average about 17 MPG. Its a comfortable ride and has lots of power. It also has good visibility and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Hemi engine, comfort, reliable

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

Loved the Truck, But
By Bill Kober

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Truck was great, the small V-8 was more than adequate for my needs. I was aware of the poor gas mileage before buying. Roomy interior,however,wind noise was pronounced at highway speeds. Transmission rebuilt at 46000, tranny problems continued.I would have kept the truck except for these problems. If you are interested in a Dodge,be sure to purchase an extended warranty.

Favorite Features

Appearance, interior room, adequate ride, good fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission quality. gas mileage, wind noise.