Used 2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Decent truck, needs some work
By Teach

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

A decent truck to drive, handles decently for the size. In four wheel drive, winter driving become a lot of fun, with no issues getting stuck. The interior can use some upgrades, everything is plastic and held together rather poorly from the factory. Cup holder and ashtray are problematic and wont stay up, common issue. The parking brake is also a common issue, failure in springs. Simple, but expensive fix due to labor. Power steering rack and pump known to be weak. My pump failed at 86000miles, and rack at 93000. Truck undrivable without power steering. Bed provides adequate space, and interior is able to fit a full compliment of 6 full grown persons, excluding ashtray and drink holder.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the availability of interior space, a plus with children, and the 4 wheel drive for off road and winter driving. Also a must for "hard" accelerations.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to upgrade the interiors, plastic is not all bad, but things that should stay shut, should stay shut. Driver and passenger front doors interfere with door seal strip when open, causing it to tear, and allowing water into cabin. A redesign is called for.

Dodge Quad cab ST
By Ourban

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Lots of room, great price for the truck, fun to drive. I like it!

Our New Dodge Truck
By Girldalefan3

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

My husband and I just bought a new Dodge truck and we absolutely love it. We needed something big, we have 3 young children and don't like minivans so a full size truck was our best choice. This truck is VERY sharp looking, fun to drive. We didn't buy this truck for any heavy duty use or towing so the 6 cylinder was fine for us. Although next time we may go for the v-8.

Favorite Features

In my opinion,you can't beat the look of the truck. Ours is two tone white and silver. We also got the chrome wheels and cruise control so ours isn't exactly a base model. We love it.

Suggested Improvements

I don't think the Dodge Ram 1500 can be improved on. Also I didn't realize there were so many 1500's on the road until we bought one.