2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
our 2003 dodge ram burnt due to electrical problems
By ash_dj on 01/30/13 11:12 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

2003 dodge ram 1500 4x4 quad cab auto 5.9 loved the truck i am still a fan of dodge they make good looking vehicles.we owned it for 5 yrs.had lots of problems out of it the windows wouldnt roll down missing tranny went out, then we were gonna to drive it let it run for 2 mins went back out and it was on fire. this makes the 4th one i know of that has done this, fire cheif said started in dash with electric.called the dealership and they would not help us.insurance wouldnt cover it either. now it sets in the garage. I now have a 2003 hemi and its haveing elctrical problems same windows radio heater all electrical so we are sending this one back b4 it does the same thing.

Long live the hemi
By rick on 05/20/08 19:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck, reliable, i have 123000 on it runs like it did with 23,000 on it. My only issue is with gas prices I cant afford to drive it daily anymore. Good in the snow, great on highway when you need to practice road rage!!

Oh, my HEMI!
By askibum02 on 01/30/08 22:13 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd pickup, but the first one I bought for the actual utility a pickup afforded. I bought the truck to tow a boat. After much searching and deliberation I settled on the Dodge Hemi. It's looks are still to this date, incredible, and the HEMI, oh, the HEMI. I still get a tingle when I start the truck and it roars to life. The towing unfortunately was mediocre at best, though I am towing pretty close to it's rated 8600# capacity. As far as non towing and hauling it's incredible. My only real complaint would have to be the fuel mileage. I average about 11.5mg now. That kinda hurts the wallet, especially considering gas prices these days.

Just get the Hemi
By vinny 74 on 09/15/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The truck is good to do what I need. Towing a 4100 lb travel trailer,atv and many loads of sand, gravel and dirt for many landscaping projects. I get 15city/19hwy real world driving with the 4.7l v8 235hp/300lbs torque. now a friend with and identical 1500 ram with 5.7l Hemi gets a real world 12 city 15 highway mpg. Now that said for about five more dollars per fill up his Hemi Ram made circles around the 4.7l in towing and just highway cruising simply put it's like comparing a Viper versus a Neon just no comparison so if you got an extra 20 dollars a month in fuel (my driving habits) just get the Hemi you will not regret it.

'03 Ram 5.9L V8
By Ross O on 04/19/07 16:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Overall I'm pleased with the truck. It looks great and has plenty of power on tap. No major problems except an emissions vapor canister which I have to replace. Mine is an early '03 so I still have the old 5.9L 360, but from the Hemi owners I've seen and talked to, I still get better gas mileage!

Best Truck I've Owned
By 1badram on 11/16/06 18:26 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, then I went out and bought the '03 Ram. There is a world of difference in power, comfort and the amount of room inside. Dodge did a great job with the new truck!

Sweet Rig
By smoke20 on 07/20/06 06:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

First Dodge truck after owning Chevys. Worlds of difference between new Ram and old 2000 Silverado x-cab. Cabin feels much larger than the old truck. Handling is much better. Ride is a little bouncy with the 20's but they look cool so I don't mind so much. Engine is awesome. Can't help but mashing the go pedal, even with the extra expense in gas. Such a fun truck to drive and a looker too. Interior is good but feel a bit sparse and plastic-y and lockers for the cup holder and ash tray have trouble holding sometimes. Get's about 15-16 on the highway going 70- 75, which is about what my Chevy got.

Done Right
By TopDawg on 05/06/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Looks(Wow)...Comfort(Wow)....Performance (Wow) No matter where I go, people complement me on this truck. Black with Larmine Trim and the HEMI! Purchased hard shell for the bed to finish the look. Power. looks and comfort all in one package is unheard of and gas mileage around town with the Hemi is 13, with today's gas price hard but expected.

I love my Hemi, but...
By joeblow on 05/04/06 10:23 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my '03 Hemi new in '03. It has been a marvelous truck. It's been in the dealership twice to replace warped brake rotors and to install new calipers. Dodge has a problem with brakes on these trucks. Mine has 20" wheels, leather, Infinity, Hemi, 4WD, tow package, SLT loaded. The only negative I see is the gas mileage. Has awesome power. Thought about trading truck in on one of these fuel conserving small SUV's but can't bring myself to do it. I guess I'll just keep on paying the high prices for gas.

Nice truck, bad paint
By gus on 04/03/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

It is a nice truck with a lot of power, but fuel consumption with 1500 lbs in the back is to much. Until now no problems, but the paint is very sensitive. The truck is used in the oilfields and works fine