2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Solid Truck
By Ed on 01/30/10 17:52 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Performance: Given it's hefty 4572 lbs curb weight, the 4.7L (240 hp) V-8 gets the job done. Acceleration off the line is excellent and at around 4000 rpm's you really feel the torque (300 ft lbs) planting you in the seat. Comfort: Unbelievably spacious. Behind the seats is enough room for ten grocery bags. No matter how tall you are, there will be plenty of leg room. Build Quality: Can't tell you, I've only driven the truck for about 300 miles at this point. More to follow. You feel like King of the Road when driving this truck and it looks way better than a Silverado or F-150!

The Sharpest Truck on the Road
By David Airhart on 04/08/06 00:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have had other makes and models of trucks but none compare to the Dodge Ram 1500 I now own. It is more like a luxury car, (I have the Laramie) but will do the work of a truck. My wife enjoys it as much as I do. It not only rides smooth, runs great, and handles easily but it looks better than the other trucks I have seen on the road. My wife loves the dual control on the air-conditionong and the heat. We both stay comfortable and enjoy the ride. I cannot say enough good about the integrity of this truck. I will never purchase another truck that is not a dodge.

Good truck
By mike on 06/13/05 13:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is a nice truck. The interior is well planned, and it has decent storage behind the seats (unlike Chevy or Ford). The ride is smooth, and the power is good. No mechanical problems at all so far. Mileage is averaging about 17mph combo. Not great, but not as bad as some I've heard about. This is my first truck, and I plan on driving it for several years.

my hemi
By tinkydonovan on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

this truck is not only good looking it does everything you could ask of a high performing hard towing truck

Great Ram
By 70bee on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

No problems-so far so good.

It's A Tank
By Volcanix92 on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Truck really shouldn't be used as a paseenger car, or excuse for a small SUV or car. The thing is absolutely massive and for short driving around the city i'm lucky to get 11 MPG.

My Truck
By Aaron Riley on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I simply loved the styling of this vehicle. I'm 41 years old and buy new vehicles every couple of years. This is the first Dodge/Chrysler product I ever bought. But the bold styling captivated me immediately. I asked lots of other Previous Dodge owners their opinions before I made a final decision. Their comments were mostly positive with most thinking their previous model were a little clunky inside quality wise. I disagreed with this model after careful inspection,however would like to have a change holder and would like storage available in the center console.

Happy with my Ram
By dizzy on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I just want to start by saying, some of the 'negative' reviews here say more about the people who bought the truck than the truck itself. Most of what people criticized, they should have noticed that when test driving the truck. Anyway, the new Ram is the best thing since sliced bread. I've pounded on this truck since day 1 and boy can the Dodge take it. Very Rugged yet quite refined. We are going to be trading in the family car and buying a second ram (quad cab) shortly.