2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Good Old Blue
By bean on 04/13/09 11:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my truck about a year ago and I love it! I have not really had any problems from my truck. My wife tells me it is my grandpa truck. Its got the complete chrome package. I love it!

Bad juju
By Frank on 05/03/08 01:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love the truck. Good power with the 4.7. Has the power and the looks, but its a gasaholic

Not bad, not great
By RamTHIS03 on 04/19/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I agree with anyone that says the V6 is underpowered. If I were to do it over again, and have more money, I'd buy the Hemi version. The 6 is grossly underpowered. All in all, good daily driver, but for an enthusiast, it makes for a pretty boring truck. If only I had gotten the V8, I might be having more fun.

'03 Ram Pickup
By Rich on 11/06/05 23:19 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Overall a good truck, had the front rotors replaced at 10,000 miles, rear differential replaced at 63,000 miles. Fuel economy in town is HORRIBLE. Highway economy is acceptable but still not great even for a full size pickup with a V8. To do it over again I would probably pick the 5.7 Hemi over this trucks 4.7 standard V8.

Cool ride!!
By Cool Ride!! on 11/16/04 23:21 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck. The gas mileage could be better, but I knew this when I bought it. The V6 is not quite big enough for this truck, but it is acceptable. I don't haul big loads nor pull anything. It handles very well. For a truck this size, the turn pattern is tight. This truck has not given me a minutes problem and I would recommend you get one. I've had mine 2 years and still love driving it. I think I'll run to the store.

great truck
By allenw on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

great truck, bought at a great price & looks great, mileage isnt great but its a truck. would buy another in a minute !

love it
By alllen on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

love it. love it. love it. great truck !!! power when you need it but likes the gas.

3.7 v-6 no power......
By dansram on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

love everything about it except the engine 3.7 v-6 [wouldnt pull a greasy string out of a cats rump)put in a k&n air filter ,flowmaster 50 series catback exhaust,nothing helps mine, has a 5sp manual trans,figured it might get more faster on acceleration with a few more miles on it but no chance

IMPRESSED!!!
By Bigfootedman17 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have been nothing but overly impressed with my RAM. It is extremely safe and I have not yet been able to make it go sideways because of the sensitivity of the 2WD and limited slip differential. I drive vehicles hard and harder when I test drive them. 20,000 miles in one year. The ONLY complaint I have is that there is no undercarriage protection, meaning if you go through a puddle, that water is coming up inside the engine.

So Far So Good!!!!!!!!
By blucraw68 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Love how it drives and handles. Does idle somewhat roughly. The clearance is awesome.Stereo sounds very good and clear. The main reason i liked this truck was the grill!!