Wake up, this truck stinks!
By Saddened by mistake on
2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)
My views about this truck changed drastically since I paid it off. I paid the 5 year loan and then all hell broke loose. I guess I was lucky getting 129000 miles on it before having to replace the engine on a 5 1/2 year old truck. Thanks oil sludge prone 4.7L.I next had to replace the fan clutch and radiator at about 6 years old. Now I have to replace the front control module and the power distribution module due to both of them shorting out for no reason. I am one to keep a vehicle beyond the 5 year payoff. I have an 11 year old ford aerostar with 159,000 miles and I have only had to replace an oxygen sensor and one other emmision control valve. With 150,000 miles on my Ram, $5500 since I paid off.
Favorite Features
At first I really liked the truck. Although the fuel mileage was about 16mpg on the highway new, after about 2 years it dropped to about 15- 15.5 mpgnow I am lucky to get 14mpg. I know this is a full size truck, but I remember a lot better claims on the sticker. 4WD is nice the few times I have needed it.
Suggested Improvements
Fix problems with oil drainage in engine. Fix problems with the electrical system. Fix the claims on the estimated MPG. Back your product without blaming the consumer for the flaws in your design. No matter what you do, this was my first Dodge and my last Dodge.