2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4.7L V8 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Perfect Vehicle for Me

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

ST Quad Cab (4.7L V8 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

Perfect Vehicle for Me
By Andrew T on

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck because it gives you the ability to haul stuff and/or people. Just this past week we had visitors in town and I can honestly say it fits six adults comfortably. Two days later I used it to haul an entire kitchen worth of cabinets. The 4.7 liter engine is a good trade-off between being powerful enough and economical. A few months ago we drove 1200 miles across country in this truck, it cruises down the highway very comfortably. The truck has about 60k on it and it made the 1200 mile drive home non-stop without trouble.

Favorite Features

Factory 20 inch rims. Lower tie-down points in truck bed. Aftermarket exhaust gives the truck a nice purr.

Suggested Improvements

The previous owner was a large man and he wore through the driver's seat cushion foam. It wasn't noticable when I bought it, but when I drive for a while it feels like I'm sitting on a wallet. I just added a seat cushion/cover and now I don't really notice.