Never lets me down
By tonybro70 on
2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)
Bought this truck 18 months ago at a Dodge dealership as a local trade in. I got it off the back lot before they were able to detail it and hide anything. The 5.9L 360 V8 is very powerful and reliable. I hardly ever lift the hood (just for oil changes). It has an after market Imco dual exhaust and sounds mean. K & N filter. 4x4 works great. Truck handles great in corners even though it has 35" tires. Drives smooth on the highway at high speeds. Fuel economy is decent (15-18) and I don't do any city driving. It'll haul a car on a trailer without any effort. The hard tonneau cover I put on it looks good. I really dig the interior too, heated leather!
Favorite Features
The interior is the best part of this truck. Heated leather seats, wood trim, awesome after market sound. (Bumps with the best). Great storage behind the seats, nice carpet (all black), on board computer is helpful. Drives like a luxury car. The exterior design beats Fords and Chevys
Suggested Improvements
You can't ask for better fuel economy in a full size truck, but if you could. I've had no problems with mine but my brother in law has a 2001 with the same engine and had to replace his transmission at 120K. That scared me a little, so I'm watching for bad signs. Nothing to note yet.