Dodge the Dodge
By jkwcivil on
2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)
I've read through all the previous reviews of the 2002 Dodge Ram and I was surprised to see so many average 5.0 and higher. My transmission was rebuilt at 20k miles, my dash started to seriously crack at 3-years-old (completely cracked now), the truck can't seem to find a resting idle and the dealership is scratching their heads, wondering, why didn't our first 3 recommendations fix the problem. I know what you're thinking. This guy hasn't followed the regular maintenance schedule. I have, and to the letter specified in the manual. Perhaps I drew the short straw and the new guy worked on my truck at the factory, but I'll never trust a Chrysler product again.
Favorite Features
The Linex bed liner that I purchased after market. This stuff is bullet proof and doesn't fade and get gooey like Rhino and others. Also the dash carpet that I purchased after market, because my dash doesn't appear to have been made of UV safe plastic.
Suggested Improvements
A standard 100,000 mile bumper-to- bumper warranty. So the manufacturer is forced to pay for poor quality. Any automobile manufactured in the 21st century should easily go to 100,000 miles with nothing more than recommended maintenance.