Good truck but with flaws
By Josh on
2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD LB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)
Bought it brand new and now paid for but the gas mileage is about 16MPG. The dash has cracks all over it after only 5 years. It was realy upsetting that they couldn't have foreseen that. The AC did go out after 5 years too. Just when the warranty was out. I have done all maintenance and there have been no other issues. I haven't even changed the break pads. Overall it's been good but Nissan and Toyota seem to be better these days.
Favorite Features
Exterior to me has always been great and I like how the console is big and there is some good room behind the seat. Chevy is sorry when it comes to inside space.
Suggested Improvements
Better interior componets and better fuel economy.
By briguy11
on 07/18/13 08:09 AM (PDT)

I also have a 2002 Dodge Ram at 97K miles with a crack in the dash! My A/C also stopped working maybe a month ago. I have not had time to get it checked out yet. What did you end up having to do in order to get it fixed? Replace the whole system or was it just a part? Roughly how much did your fix cost you. I'm just trying to get an idea of what i'm in for or maybe if it's simple enough I can do the repair myself. I also agree. now a days Nissan & Toyota is the way to go. Once this guys hits around 150K I will most likely lean towards a Silverado. Dodge just seems to bulky, especially the newer models. I definitely don't like the more recent look. Thanks, Brian