2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Dog loves it, so do

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Review

Dog loves it, so do I
By spiderdog on

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first truck purchase in the 25 years since I left the farm. Drove the Chevy Avalanche and comparable Ford F150 models on test drives, but overall Dodge package was a better value. Have had great luck with Chrysler products in the last 7 years (2 with over 150K miles on them, still no problems), so I was predisposed to Dodge. My Jack Russell loves to sit on the back of the fold-down center front seat while we tool down the highway, but his little white butt gets thrown all over the cabin when we go off-road. He loves it anyway, and so do I.

Favorite Features

Sufficient power in the 4.7L V8, great exhaust sound, exterior styling is way cool and classic at the same time, 4WD posi lots of fun, underseat storage clever, and Infinity sound system is great when blaring my Dave Matthews CDs.

Suggested Improvements

Gas consumption too high. Good thing this is my weekend warrior work truck and pleasure craft. Ever thought of a dog safety package?