2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Best decision I ever made.....

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

ST Quad Cab (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

Best decision I ever made.....
By Rick in Virginia on

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I traded was a 2000 Tahoe that I really liked. I bought a motorcycle so I wanted something to haul it around with and my service experiences with Chevy were terrible. After seeing the website showing the Dodge I had to try one since I couldn't really see the vehicle in the commercials. What a smart decision, six months later and I still love this truck. Rides great, plenty of power and looks awesome. The dealership, even after the sale, has been great and I have had no problems with this truck. My dad would probably shoot me for buying a Dodge but if he were around to drive it he would have probably traded his Ford...maybe.

Appearance and ride, just looks like a truck and to borrow a Chevy term...built like a rock, this truck looks rock solid.

I would make the interior just a little more plush on the SLT. My Chevy always had bigger cushioned leather and the trim didn't look so plastic. The gas mileage is terrible but I really didn't buy it for the mileage.