2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: A great truck at a great price

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

A great truck at a great price
By Ben Stennett on

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased a loaded Sport Ram 1500 4 door about 7 months ago and haven't regretted it in the least. The Ram gives me plenty of leg, head, and shoulder room. The interior is clean and uncluttered but full of useful storage space. This is my first Dodge but it won't be my last. The Dodge is my favorite full sized truck on the market, it is also one of the most affordable between Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. I could buy more truck for less money with a Dodge, and feel I got a superior product as well. Its heavy, safe, smooth, and dependable.

Folding storage panels under the rear split seat are extremely handy. The premium sound system (infinity) is wonderful as are the steering wheel mounted audio controls. Visibility is exceptional, large windows eliminate blind spots. Great ride, smooth handling, tight turning radius.

The only thing that I see that could use some improvement is the fuel mileage. Aside from that I think its perfect.