2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Outstanding Truck
By surfr5 on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've driven/owned Ford, Chevy, and now Dodge. This Ram is the best overall by far. No mechanical problems, drives like a dream. The Dodge folks really put some thought into this. Biggest difference: Dodge has more interior room, no mechanical problems, and the layout was well thought out.

great truck but needs refinement
By spalding on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

the truck as a whole is great as it does everything i need in good form. my only complaint would be the interior seems very cheap in certain places. it has door rattles that are worst then a 1912 dodge and the AC openings have all but one got all messed up and off track. they rest is great, engine, reliabilty, comfort, etc.

Dodge Ram LoneStar Edition
By truckin on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned the truck now for 8 months and have 14,300 miles on it. I have the 4.7 engine and it produces plenty of horsepower and torque. The 20" wheels/tires add a very nice touch to the truck. Plenty of room in the rear for 3 s and or kids. Rear doors open all the way allowing easy access. Driverside power seat is a nice feature to get. Without one, I felt like I was sunk way too low in the cab and I am not short. Solid truck and very satisfied.

Truck Sports Car
By Dodgeconvert on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have been a Ford owner but I could not past up the savings when I compared the features of this truck to a Ford 4 door. Differance of $4,000. The bed is a foot longer, larger wheels standard and when I took it to the mountains (live in Colorado)it handled like a sports car. Dodge does not have the upper body lean that Ford trucks have. It sits on the road with no sway on tight curves. Workmanships is excellent after 12,000 miles no problems or need to return to the dealer. Interior storage and amenities are excellant.

Too plush to be a truck
By JimG. on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Ram 1500 4x4 loaded SLT 4.7L, 4-speed auto. 3.90:1 limited slip differential. The new brakes, frame, suspension are very good. No rattles, squeeks, etc. The trucks rides and handles very good, you might think your in a car. The truck has towed my #6,000 car/trailer with out any problems,but the transmission dosen't like being in over-drive when towing a heavy load.

constant problems with Transmission
By BLinens on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

we have had a new transmission put in and new computer and still have problems with transmission

Buy the 5.9L
By Colby on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The 2002 rams interior was nicer than the 2003, i owned both. Dodge cheaped out on the 2003. Seems to be more plastic. More plastic on doors, no overhead sunglasses holder, trim on bottom of doors is gone, no tinted window on 2003. Wish i would have stayed with the 2002. Anybody that says the 4.7L is a better choice than the 5.9L, never had one.

I Love My New Dodge, BUT
By kla3765 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

i love this truck, it has power, it sounds great with the new dual three chamber flow masters. but, the gas mileage could be improved greatly. but, what i hate the most, is the wind sound coming from the drivers side door.

Turns all the heads
By James Spradley on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I really enjoy this truck and exp the price that I got. I would have had to go up 8000 for a gmc and for i couldnt get them below 23 for a used one with 30k on it.

Dodge has a problem.....................
By rwc0064 on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love the design of this truck but have had numerous problems, mostly small, except for one. Other reviews of this vehicle refer to "rear end hop at highway speeds". Dodge actually has a name for it.They call it "beaming". It is an engineering flaw with the suspension. They are aware that the truck vibrates at highway speeds but have no fix for it.I have just lemon lawed mine. I went to test drive a replacement vehicle and it does the same thing as my lemon. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!