2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Gas hog, but what a truck!
By RFM on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I just love this truck. The styling is excellent and the ride is great. 2nd truck I've owned and this is by far the best. Back end is a little light so you have to watch the bumps. Fit and finish is good and the interior is super comfortable. Bigest draw back is the TERRIBLE gas milage out of the 5.9L engine, what a HOG. 8 - 9 MPG around town and a max of 17 on the open road with no load in the bed. Plenty of power, passes everything but a gas station. But I didn't buy it for the gas milage. You're gonna love this hog.

the rotors will warp!!!!
By jonathan t. on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

found out it's made in mexico. oh noooo. but the truck is great only a little jittery over rough surfaces. also i need to warn others of the rotors, they will warp. your first roadtrip and it will happen. go to dodge truck world.com and look under forums and brakes. warping rotors have 4 pages. plus this defect is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. after that, the local dealer for me chages 100 bucks to turn rotors.no aftermarket company makes em yet, so be forewarned.but other than that i love my truck. i have a 2002 qc with the 17 inch alloy option wheels

Sold on Dodge RAM
By builtit on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used in Nov 02. It now has 22,000 miles on it. So far, great truck at a great price. I bought this primarily due to the safety crash results so I could have peace of mind carrying my kids around town. I have taken it to Canada to fishing trips on rough dirt and gravel roads with no problems. It just keeps purring. I had already replaced my brakes on my GMC at this mileage point a couple of years ago. My 5 STAR Dodge Service Dealer has already given it the once over and so far it hasn't cost me another dime since I got it (I couldn't say that about my Ford Explorer and GMC Sonoma that I had in the past).

Great truck
By Nice Truck on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This has been an excellent truck. Problems: Computer crashed at about 3000 miles and everything in the truck stopped working. Took the dealer 4 days to get another computer installed. Got the high end infinity sound system that is horrible and a real waste of money. Gas milage 12 in town 17 highway---not good for a 2-wheel drive and a driver that tries hard to get good MPG out of their vehicle.

GREAT TRUCK!
By lesgrey on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck for pleasure but to work when it had to. So far it has exceeded my expectations on every level. I was always a Ford man but this new Dodge has me looking to other directions. Dodge has really outdone theirselves!

4-Door Dodge Ram 1500
By T. John on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Overall, the vehicle is very nice to drive. Within first 2 months, drivers door developed rattle. On the downside, the fuel economy is terrible. By coasting down hills and losing speed on inclines, I can get around 16.7 mpg tops.

2002 Dodge 1500
By jld713 on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Rides and pulls great - horrible gas mileage

Dodge Ram Sport 4wd
By ramquad on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best looking, best riding 4 wheel drive truck on the road today. The only draw back was that the HEMI was not out when I purchased it. Thinking of selling it and getting the HEMI.

Gas Mileage?
By mtdewjunkie on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great vehicle hands down. First time Dodge owner and probably will buy again. The 5.9L needs more punch and gas mileage per cubic inch (willing to accept low MPG for more HP). Sport Package should come with header/exhaust system upgrade. The 4 speed Auto shift/downshift points need another look at (would be fine with beefier motor). CD player skips on bumpy roads. Excellent built vehicle, ride is comfortable, and room for everything.

so far so good
By leadhead on 03/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This one is the sport version. Use the truck for work. I wanted a truck that could carry a 6" step ladder in and this was the only crew cab that could do it. The 4.7 has plenty of power, fuel economy is pretty much as rated. The large hood makes it difficult to park. 4Wd works good in snow. Interior is handy an versatile. Rear seats are roomy and can carry