Used 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Awesome Truck
By Scott

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I just bought my truck last month and I love it. The only thing that I could say that I don't like about it is that it lacks good acceleration. Other than that I think I am going to be happy with my new truck. The new body style is a great change. The new front end makes this truck stand out above the rest.

Favorite Features

Looks/Style, Comfortable ride, lots of room.

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration.

For looks only....
By nealioh

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Buy this truck only for it's looks. I have gotten many compliments on the appearance which I thank them for and then tell them it is the worst truck mechanically that I have ever owned. I had to replace the rack and pinion at 45,000 and from the feel of it the transmission will need to be replaced within the next 2,000 miles. The engine lost all power getting off the line at about 40,000 miles. It has good pickup when the truck is already going at least 10 miles an hour and the accelerator is slammed to the floor or when passing but hesitates from the line. Fuel economy is killing me with these $2.00/gallon prices - I average about 8 miles to the gallon in town and 13 on the highway.

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance is quite striking.

Suggested Improvements

Give your mechanical team hell for putting out such a weak pile of junk. This was my first and last Dodge - it costs too much to keep on the road thru repair costs and poor fuel stats.

Dont buy this truck
By hky123

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Where do i begin! Truck has constant shaking problems that the dealer claims they cant feel, windshield wiper flew off, stalling problems, two brake jobs before 30,000 miles, complete rear end overhaul, rear end jerks to the side when hitting bumps which makes highway driving fun when you have to do the two handed recovery, windows rattle when half way down, recalls, and finally the damn thing was stolen for those stupid 20" tires, I was praying for a torching but of course not!

Favorite Features

Looks good!

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the drawing board!

We really like our truck.
By Bill and Michelle

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We have immenseley enjoyed our truck. It has been problem free for 2 1/2 years except it needed a visor replaced. We tow occasionally and it does a great job towing. We have travelled with it and it makes for a very nice trip. The only complaint we really have is the paint on the truck can virtually no abuse. You barely touch it it seems and there will be a scratch. I really do wish they could somehow make a tougher paint that could withstand a small branch (for example) touching the truck and would not leave a scratch that has to be rubbed out. Other than that Dodge has agreat truck and would recommend it proudly to anyone.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride and acceleration with the automatic.

Suggested Improvements

Paint is very easily scratched. If somehow the quality of the paint job could be improved

best truck out
By Eagels

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 94 Dodge 1500 and purchased my 2002 Dodge Quad Cab due to reliability of my other Dodge. My friends have Chevys and Ford but their truck can not run idle in the Texas heat more then 2-3 minutes. Do their temperature gauges will be in the red, while the Dodge is still running normally.

Favorite Features

The power, The comfort, and the turning ratio.