2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
2002 TUFF RAM
By Frankiev on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Thus far I am absolutely 100% satisfied and pleased with this vehicle. When I purchased I was torn between the GMC, Ford and Dodge. I ended up with the Dodge and still believe this is the best choice. My next truck will definitely be another Ram but this time it may be a 2500 or 3500 with a HEMI.

In the shop more than on the road
By In the shop on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Dealer ship great, service department great, parts supplier sucks. AC broke, side mirror recall, sensor recall, some other sensor replaced, headlights had problems, the rear axle broke under hard breaking on a gravel road, as of this review it has been 2 weeks and they still can't get a new wiper motor, fuel economy just keeps getting worse.

throttle response and handling
By mayhem300 on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 2WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the 2 door model with the 4.7L V8 for the sole purpose to get from point a to point b.If you compare the hp rating to that of the 5.3L cheverolet you will be disapointed in dodge. But line the two up at your local red light and the dodge really surpises you. Its handling is that not of a truck. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off and buy another one in its place.

2002 Dodge Ram Sport
By Clifford Straw on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My experience has been very good. The only thing that needed service was a recall on the a/c blower motor wiring, outside mirror recall, and a hole was worn in the drivers seat where the lumbar support bar rubs the seat cover. Chrysler was nice enough to let me pay the full cost of this repair due to the mileage at the time of repair being 38000 miles(it didn't happen overnight). The seat cover back alone was approximately $400.00. All other experiences has been great.

work truck
By Tim Heggs on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

My truck has been used to tow boats and cars to Florida and no matter the size the truck pulls it like it is empty

Beware!!
By Rabbit0217 on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I loved this truck up until the day it almost killed me. I was driving home and hit a small bump with the roads wet and completely lost control of the truck. I had always noticed the back end of the truck bounce around on bumpy roads but this time it sent me flipping over a fence. Luckily I wasn't hurt besides a few bruises. I loved the way the truck looked but will never buy another one due to safety concerns.

A Perfect 10 Around The USA
By JW5 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the vehicle Feb 2002; I drove this new truck on a cross- country road trip starting in June 2002 which consisted of summer weather, 4 months constant driving, and 17,000 miles total trip. Midwest to New York to Miami, Miami to San Diego, San Diego up old Hiway 1 to Seattle, and back to the Midwest starting point. I purchased this truck new with 9 miles on it; it's red SLT Plus (now called Larmie) and had the Sport package (20" wheels). New retail price was $38,915; it had every option available. Other vehicles I own: Lincoln Navigator, BMW X5 and Mercedes S600. My favorite: The DODGE; why?...I had no problems with it what-so-ever. NONE!

warped rotors
By jonathan7thno on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

if you buy one the only problem you may have will be the rotors. the front rotors warp . mine warped 3 times since may, and it's only dec. for the 03 model year dc put out a fix but not for the 02 model. turning the rotors will cost about 50-60 bucks . the rotors where only covered for first 12000 miles. after that your on your own. get the dealer to replace em. that way they stay covered. turning them will work for a while.

dodge ram 4.7L
By geoffb on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Overall a good truck. Just disappointed with the 4.7L engine. It has enough power but no acceleration when you want to drive for fun.

Lovin' it!
By Alexnovia on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck, pulls my Mastercraft like a dream. Looks great, always get lots of compliments on it. Love the storage in the back. Rides like a car and has much more room than the Ford and Chevy.