2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
dodge ram 4.7L
By geoffb on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Overall a good truck. Just disappointed with the 4.7L engine. It has enough power but no acceleration when you want to drive for fun.

Not gonna own it when the warranty is up
By fire1 on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Never had so many quality problems with a new vehicle EVER! Never had so many recalls on a new vehicle either. Electrical problems galore, mechanical problems with engine, A/C compressor, side mirror, gauge cluster, computer, and others. Pretty truck when it runs, but I have no faith in it on the road.

Lovin' it!
By Alexnovia on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck, pulls my Mastercraft like a dream. Looks great, always get lots of compliments on it. Love the storage in the back. Rides like a car and has much more room than the Ford and Chevy.

Favorable- (first dodge)
By T. Renshaw - eTech on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

2002 Silver quad cab SLT. 17 inch wheels Bought from brother in law with 18k miles. I have 30k on it now. I really like the under rear seat storage. more is better. Four full size/Fully opening doors. 4 Fully opening windows. The over all looks of the truck & the ride.

Great Ram
By ramdriver on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Much improved from 1999 quad cab owned previously. 5.9 liter is still too hoggish on gas, mileage not up to par with rest of the truck.

Excellent
By JackTheNibbler on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Thought when I first purchased that the 4.7L V8 engine would not tow my trailer. Wrong! This may not be a Hemi, but It performs well and has pickup. Interior design won out all other trucks I looked at. Warranty was good, but when I got a 84 month, 100,000 mile warranty fora little extra it kicks all over the other truck warranties....and NO DEDUCTABLE!!!

Great
By pushplay on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I really like this truck overall. I was a GMer, but the Ram has been so far the best truck I have owned.

good truck
By yugoboss on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 2WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Anybody that says the 4.7, is better than the 5.9 doesn't know what they are talking about. Check out the towing rating for the 4.7, and 5.9 on dodge's website, almost 3000 lbs less than the 5.9. The 360 has been around for along time, all bugs are out of it. The 4.7 l is also much noisier, i had both. The hemi, aluminum this aluminum that, to me that spells dollars. Dodge did cheap out on the interior on the 2003 as well, more plastic, less stuff. I owned the 2002, now own 2003, was vey dissappointed when truck arrived, dealer says thats the way they come know.

Dog loves it, so do I
By spiderdog on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my first truck purchase in the 25 years since I left the farm. Drove the Chevy Avalanche and comparable Ford F150 models on test drives, but overall Dodge package was a better value. Have had great luck with Chrysler products in the last 7 years (2 with over 150K miles on them, still no problems), so I was predisposed to Dodge. My Jack Russell loves to sit on the back of the fold-down center front seat while we tool down the highway, but his little white butt gets thrown all over the cabin when we go off-road. He loves it anyway, and so do I.

What an improvement!!!
By cgdm1168 on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Handling is near Audi like in poise and cornering. With the 4.7L auto trans, truck seems quicker off the line than my 5.9L 2wd. Shifts are imperceptable. The 20 inch tires make a huge difference in stance and handling. The monochrome sport package with dealer installed Brush Guard, and side steps. Lots of compliments on how well they intergrate into the truck design. Added Vortec intake, Power Chip, and dual exhaust. Stock the truck sounded great, now awsome. Controls well laid out, interior room (quad cab) is great. No problems. Almost 4K cheaper than a comparable Chevy/Ford, and neither touches the refinement, style, or ride quality.